Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK, so my long arm has to pay for itself-why doesn't his boat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-so-my-long-arm-has-pay-itself-why-doesnt-his-boat-t149310.html)

Pieceful Quilter 09-01-2011 07:02 PM

Sheez, if we knew the answer to that there would probably be world peace!!

jillybean302 09-01-2011 08:54 PM

My husband has a very expensive hobby of pick up truck, truck pulls and drag racing it also. Last year, for Christmas he kept harping at me that he wanted a "turbo" for his truck. And when I say harping, I mean he would tell me everyday that he wanted one, and wanted me to buy it for him.

Anyway, funny story-2 months ago, after work my husband came home, and saw a new vacuum sweeper in the living room. "What's that?" and "how much did that cost?" (I had bought a Kirby which is a higher end vacuum. HE was giving me a hard time because I spend money. So after he asked how much it cost and did I need a vacuum that was so expensive? I told him I wanted "the TURBO model". He never said another word!!

cedarvalleyquilts 09-01-2011 09:00 PM

Good luck with that request! We had the same deal for years (what he spent on boat/fishing I spent on quilting, etc.). Fortunately for us both, he saw the "writing on the wall", and we opened up a quilt shop lol... I do the piecing, and he primarily does the LA quilting...win-win for me :)

Christine

ruthie 09-01-2011 09:03 PM

If wives had expensive toys then husbands wouldn't be able to have their expensive toys. I think it's a man thing.

deanneellen 09-01-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
My hubby said something once about burning all the books I have and don't need etc. I told him we'd start the fire with those baseball cards he has. He's never said another word.

Fair is fair.

Love it!

roxie623 09-01-2011 10:40 PM

Don't beat yourself up. Hey ask him if you can use his boat for some Quilting on the Bay excursions. LOL However, you must post pics of his expression when you ask him this. Just kidding. Enjoy your LA.

walkerjoanne44 09-02-2011 12:22 AM

I just had to post after reading all these. Just tell him you will make the quilts but he has to go with you to sell them. should do the trick.

thebossbab 09-02-2011 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Tell him he needs to give people paid boat rides while you're quilting for hire LOL

I'm still laughing...what a great answer!! :thumbup:

CircleSquare 09-02-2011 03:33 AM

They say, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." Not so with women! :) All our "toys" have a practical use!

Tinabodina 09-02-2011 03:54 AM

That's how I got my LA. He bought a Harley, guilt made him purchase my LA. They ended up being about the same in price. Only difference is, he is now getting tired of his toy, and mine will be good forever!
Moral of the story - Never feel you need to justify your purchase, guilt them into wanting you to have them! :D :D