Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pinwheel-project-start-feb-10-2011-new-t96494.html)

misseva 03-03-2011 07:23 AM

I get an e-mail every time someone posts. No problems.

grann of 6 03-03-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by VickiM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Okay, 10:15 AM; is it wine o'clock yet?!?!? I am so frustrated! I am trying to quilt the QFK quilt with pinwheels on the embroidery machine, started Sunday on the Topaz with the design on the memory stick. The 3rd block I did, the design was not centered when finished. Yes, I had it centered before starting. So out came the stitches, then down to the computer and the Diamond. New needle, same thread, shredding before completing one design; changed to embroidery needle from quilting needle; still shredding. Finally got back to it today with different thread, cotton quilting thread; still shredding. Changed to topstitching needle, did one motif without shredding. Next square, shredding. I am going nuts. Any suggestions I would welcome at this point!!!!

I find that having the thread vertical instead of horizontal & the topstitch needle & a little sewers aid off & on helps alot. Is the inside of your bobbin area clean? And the little wick area in there oiled (if yours takes it)? Hope this helps...good luck!

The thread is vertical; not supposed to use sewers aid in these new electronic machines. Bobbin area is clean. Don't oil computerized machines. I think the problem is mainly due to the thread and needle going through the seams of the pinwheels; determined by where the stitches are skipping and the thread is shredding. I think the microtex needle is going to solve the problem. We'll see when I work on it later this morning. Thanks for the help.

Here we go again!!!!! The first block quilted beautifully on the solid fabric, 2nd one a pinwheel started skipping stitches right at the first seam. So right now the whole bobbin area is taken apart and "airing out". In other words I got sidetracked. I just washed all my old make-up brushes and am going to turn them into machine dusting brushes. Am waiting for them to air dry and will try again.

Aunt Ralfie 03-03-2011 07:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I've got my pinwheels done for my first baby quilt and have the top put together

42-4 1/2 inch blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156254[/ATTACH]

ireally liked the 3d pinwheels so decided to put one in all four corners
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157303[/ATTACH]

here is the finished top. now how to quilt. should I quilt in the ditch around each square or maybe on the diagonal what do you think all advice appreciated
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157614[/ATTACH]

misseva 03-03-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Aunt Ralfie
I've got my pinwheels done for my first baby quilt and have the top put together

Oh, I love it!!! Makes me not like mine now. Boo Hoo

MYWR 03-03-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Aunt Ralfie

What a beautiful quilt - I was wondering the same thin about the quilting on mine - looking for the answers to your question!!! Quilt on!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Connie in CO 03-03-2011 08:52 AM

I'm picking the threads in the center so the center will lay flat.
Connie in CO PS..I'm doing scrappy.

grann of 6 03-03-2011 09:06 AM

I hate to say anything for fear I jinx myself, but I seem to have fixed my quilting problem. I have 6 more blocks to quilt and will be done with that part. Then I have to figure out what I want to do in the border. QFKs have to be quilted in the borders too. I am so close to being done, my goal is to finish today so I can get back to the big one I started with. By the way, I love everyone's pinwheels, couldn't pick a favorite.

Gwenny 03-03-2011 10:29 AM

Beautiful baby quilt.

capucine 03-03-2011 10:35 AM

beautiful specially the corner pinwheels

HummerGardenCrafts 03-03-2011 11:24 AM

I'm headed to gather some fabrics up to start cutting mine out. I'll have to make my machine smoke to catch up with everyone. giggle