Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Quilting Still Enjoyable For You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-still-enjoyable-you-t155374.html)

bamamama 09-24-2011 04:30 AM

Doubles...sorry

gollytwo 09-24-2011 04:30 AM

I've been quilting since the mid-70s.
I do go thru periods of having no interest (other than, unfortunately, continuing to buy fabric)
Usually it lasts just a few weeks.

loves_2_quilt 09-24-2011 04:33 AM

I have been quilting about 6 years and still enjoy it. I don't seem to have enough time, but I enjoy what time I have.

deedum 09-24-2011 04:41 AM

I am starting my fourth year of quilting, even though I work on about 4 projects at once, I do enjoy it! I don't get enough time and sometimes have to hurry. I don't enjoy being on a short time schedule when I quilt.

QuilterGary 09-24-2011 04:49 AM

I am the person that has a limited imagination. If someone hands me a pattern and the fabric I can put it together. But I have trouble with designing anything. I guess I am also color handicaped as I have trouble selecting colors that go well together. Sometimes DW just throws her hands up but she helps me work it out. When I did stain glass I had a picture of what I was doing and could select glass to fit. I have only been quilting just over a year and I do enjoy the process. I have several tops and I have not tried MQ yet. I about have my nerve worked up to try MQ but I am thinking I will take a class.

Quilting has been a stress relief for me when I get off work. As they say I can only get better.

Enchanted Quilter 09-24-2011 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama
I've been quilting for 41 years and still love it. I recently saw a quilt that I made for a friend when we had our first babies. It was pathetic. I sure have learned alot!

I have been quilting for about 50yrs . I Love it as one said my therapy but most of all my passion. I got a note on face book from a 20yr old set of twins wanted to know if could repair their quilts that I made for them as babies. They still had them very loved & worn. So I did their, Mom & I worked together for 18yrs said they were so happy to have them back minus the holes. That why I quilt, The love ,passion, & the Great People I have meet thru the years.

cargeo 09-24-2011 05:08 AM

I was a stained glass fanatic for a while and still love it but now am a quilter and love that too. I also am color challenged and use a color wheel. It helps.

weasier22 09-24-2011 05:35 AM

I love quilting!! All aspects of it...especially the finished project.
Haven't been working on anything lately as our household has been upside down for a while...son bought a house & moved out of ours. Now I'll have a sewing room!! I'm painting that room right now and can't wait to get set up. My next quilt will be one for his new home. Have the pattern selected and bought the fabric. DH had a heart attack this week, so things have been really hectic. Quilting is my sanity and I am looking forward to getting back at it! So, yes...quilting is still enjoyable for me!

emerald46 09-24-2011 05:37 AM

Like a good marriage, quilting gets better every day/week/year. Can't imagine my life without either.

Highmtn 09-24-2011 05:39 AM

:thumbup: Yes, I really love it! I've only been quilting going on 5 years, but it's sooo relaxing to just go get lost in my sewing room. I have gotten myself backed into a corner on a few *time crunches*, but I try not to "go there". If I plan ahead I can just putz and relax while making quilts/wall hangings ...fun projects ..etc... as it should be.