Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Quilting Still Enjoyable For You?

Blog Entries
    It's been 20 yrs or so since I made my 1st quilt top & you can do a whole lot of them in that space of time.A neighbor said she can't believe I still love making quilts.

Gearing up to start another one right now.Buying fabric is wonderful,choosing a pattern,cutting out,then piecing blocks is all good.Squaring up the blocks is my least fav part.It's not a hobby,but a part of my life.

Do you still like making quilts.....even tho it may have been a "few" yrs since you started?

I have to respond to this topic... I get just possessed. I have only followed a pattern one time. I do lots of the memory quilts from old t-shirts. I love seeing it all come together and the laying it out and the deciding how it should be, combining of colors, making the fabric do what you want, the quilting of it... I really really love it, and with each one I get better and learn something more. I strive for perfection which I can not achieve, but it is always the goal. I also love to see the people I give them to or sell them to get excited about them. Plus quilters are very nice people....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plainpat
    It's been 20 yrs or so since I made my 1st quilt top & you can do a whole lot of them in that space of time.A neighbor said she can't believe I still love making quilts.

Gearing up to start another one right now.Buying fabric is wonderful,choosing a pattern,cutting out,then piecing blocks is all good.Squaring up the blocks is my least fav part.It's not a hobby,but a part of my life.

Do you still like making quilts.....even tho it may have been a "few" yrs since you started?
    I have only been quilting for about a year but I love it..For some reason touching the fabric, thinking of what I want to do and working on my quilts (and small items ) give me so much happiness..so soothing, comforting ..There are times, that I just touch my fabric and I get a feeling of calmness..

Yes, it still is enjoyable for me.

I've been quilting about 11 years and at first I worked on a quilt almost day and night until it was finished. Silly me, in those beginning days I thought I couldn't begin another project until I finished the one I was working on. Anyway, I soon learned the ways of quilters and became invovled in trying new blocks, patterns and techniques because I was making more and more quilts which necessitated buying more and more fabrics and supplies - a never ending circle that I thoroughly enjoy being in.

I still love it. As it says in my tagline "quilting is my therapy."

You betcha! I am more passionate now than ever.

Blog Entries
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the deciding on a pattern, fabric buying, piecing etc.
    But I've gotten to where I loath the quilting unless I am doing QAYG.
    So I have several unquilted tops.

Quote Originally Posted by plainpat

Yes, I still enjoy it immensely, and I started 30 yrs ago.
    :)

Still love it !!! It's my only get away when no one bothers me. My own world !!

I've been quilting for 41 years and still love it. I recently saw a quilt that I made for a friend when we had our first babies. It was pathetic. I sure have learned alot!

Doubles...sorry

Banned
    I've been quilting since the mid-70s.
    I do go thru periods of having no interest (other than, unfortunately, continuing to buy fabric)
    Usually it lasts just a few weeks.

Blog Entries
    I have been quilting about 6 years and still enjoy it. I don't seem to have enough time, but I enjoy what time I have.

I am starting my fourth year of quilting, even though I work on about 4 projects at once, I do enjoy it! I don't get enough time and sometimes have to hurry. I don't enjoy being on a short time schedule when I quilt.

Blog Entries
    I am the person that has a limited imagination. If someone hands me a pattern and the fabric I can put it together. But I have trouble with designing anything. I guess I am also color handicaped as I have trouble selecting colors that go well together. Sometimes DW just throws her hands up but she helps me work it out. When I did stain glass I had a picture of what I was doing and could select glass to fit. I have only been quilting just over a year and I do enjoy the process. I have several tops and I have not tried MQ yet. I about have my nerve worked up to try MQ but I am thinking I will take a class.

Quilting has been a stress relief for me when I get off work. As they say I can only get better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bamamama
    I've been quilting for 41 years and still love it. I recently saw a quilt that I made for a friend when we had our first babies. It was pathetic. I sure have learned alot!
    I have been quilting for about 50yrs . I Love it as one said my therapy but most of all my passion. I got a note on face book from a 20yr old set of twins wanted to know if could repair their quilts that I made for them as babies. They still had them very loved & worn. So I did their, Mom & I worked together for 18yrs said they were so happy to have them back minus the holes. That why I quilt, The love ,passion, & the Great People I have meet thru the years.

I was a stained glass fanatic for a while and still love it but now am a quilter and love that too. I also am color challenged and use a color wheel. It helps.

I love quilting!! All aspects of it...especially the finished project.
    Haven't been working on anything lately as our household has been upside down for a while...son bought a house & moved out of ours. Now I'll have a sewing room!! I'm painting that room right now and can't wait to get set up. My next quilt will be one for his new home. Have the pattern selected and bought the fabric. DH had a heart attack this week, so things have been really hectic. Quilting is my sanity and I am looking forward to getting back at it! So, yes...quilting is still enjoyable for me!

Like a good marriage, quilting gets better every day/week/year. Can't imagine my life without either.

:thumbup: Yes, I really love it! I've only been quilting going on 5 years, but it's sooo relaxing to just go get lost in my sewing room. I have gotten myself backed into a corner on a few *time crunches*, but I try not to "go there". If I plan ahead I can just putz and relax while making quilts/wall hangings ...fun projects ..etc... as it should be.

I've been quilting in two times in my life - as a small child I was taught a 9-patch sitting by my gramma as she stitched whatever. The doll quilt that I finished is now preserved and framed. Many (MANY) years later - about 15 years ago I learned to quilt again. I love it as much now as I did then.

I think one of the things I love is that it is NEVER the same. It is constantly changing either in fabrics, patterns or techniques.

I find I love it more now than ever before in my life.

Blog Entries
    I absolutely love it. I have been quilting for about 7 years now. I don't get bored because there are so many different techniques, fabrics, threads, etc.

I love that I make something useful and decorative.

Blog Entries
    As soon as I finnish this quilt that was really above my intermediate sewing skills, quilting will be fun again!

Quilting is my therapy and my solace. Hubby seems to have lost his sense of fun and enjoyment of life so not too pleasant to be around. So I escape to my sewing room and quilt, quilt, quilt. I can spend hours in there just sewing away. Been quilting for 10 years and love it still.

I still love it after 25 years.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast