Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Quilting Still Enjoyable For You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-still-enjoyable-you-t155374.html)

Mary T. 09-25-2011 05:30 AM

I find that I don't get excited to quilt as I used to. I don't need quilts, I've given all my friends quilted projects (wall hangings, placemats etc.), done many cherity quilts etc. So now I am concentrating on reducing my stash by teaching young girls the art of quilting. Must pass it on, right?

OneMoreQuilt 09-25-2011 05:31 AM

I made my first quilt over 40 years ago and still love every part of it!!! Quilting has helped me get through some of the bumpy parts of life too,

bettysew 09-25-2011 06:15 AM

I've been quilting for about 30 years and am still learning, improving, and lovin' it.

sewmuchlove 09-25-2011 06:40 AM

I still love, love it. I go to sleep thinking of color, cloth, and the designs of my next. Quilting makes me very happy and at peace within, and grateful that I can afford to do it.

mariehughey 09-25-2011 06:45 AM

I made my first quilt top when I was sixteen for a school project. It took me 6 years to get it finished; all hand quilted by me, my grandmothers and anyone else who stopped by to help. From then to about the age of 25 I made a few quilts that today I would be amused to see them. They were thrown together and much more sloppy than I would do today.
Now I am 55. I just finished 3 quilts that my grandmother had started and never got back to. It was an honor for me to do so. And I've reacquired my love of piecing and have begun the age old tradition of making a quilt for each of my grandson's that they will get when they graduate from high school.
So to answer your question...yes I still enjoy it.

Wintersewer 09-25-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the deciding on a pattern, fabric buying, piecing etc.
But I've gotten to where I loath the quilting unless I am doing QAYG.
So I have several unquilted tops.

QAYG????

dphelps 09-25-2011 07:12 AM

Love it and every year it just gets better. I will never be able to complete all the ideas I have.

OmaForFour 09-25-2011 07:20 AM

I adore making quilts even at age 73! Also, because of quiltmaking I have had the privilege of meeting one of my best friends through this board. She is wonderful and has taught me sooo much along the way of the few years I have known her. Someday I will meet her in reality, either here on earth or in heaven.

smcfadden 09-25-2011 07:30 AM

I only started quilting a year and a half ago, but I love it. I hadn't sewn in nearly 25 yrs. and when I did before it was to make clothes for myself. A trip to Nebraska summer of 2010 turned me on to quilting. Every little town had a fabulous quilt store. I couldn't believe all the great fabrics (I love color and design!) and the cool new tools that weren't around when I sewed before (or at least I didn't know about them - rotary cutters rock!). I have made 2 baby quilts, a bed quilt, table runner and place mats, and other small things so far. Everyone of them has gone to someone I loved. The happiness on their faces makes the whole process so thrilling for me. This past summer I got to go to the AQS show in Knoxville and learn more. I'm going to my first quilting retreat in Oct. and I'm participating in my first block swap. I'm addicted! Maybe someday I'll get around to making a quilt for me and my DH~

quilted dakota 09-25-2011 07:36 AM

oh yes! ive been making quilts for almost 30 years, ill never tire of it!