Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Quilting Still Enjoyable For You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-still-enjoyable-you-t155374.html)

chamby 09-25-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
It's been 20 yrs or so since I made my 1st quilt top & you can do a whole lot of them in that space of time.A neighbor said she can't believe I still love making quilts.

Gearing up to start another one right now.Buying fabric is wonderful,choosing a pattern,cutting out,then piecing blocks is all good.Squaring up the blocks is my least fav part.It's not a hobby,but a part of my life.

Do you still like making quilts.....even tho it may have been a "few" yrs since you started?

Well of course I do. I too love purchasing the fabric. I also love getting together with fellow quilters for a sew day. This is my outlet.

vassarpm 09-25-2011 09:45 AM

still love the process of quilting ,after 35 plus years,have meet some o the best people in the world. Did you ever wonder who is sleeping under one of your quilts,mine have gone all over,what if they were all in a line, having sweet dreams, I hope so keep quilting

rosiewell 09-25-2011 10:07 AM

I have been quilting for 25 years and as long as there is fabric to buy I will love making quilts!

TexasSunshine 09-25-2011 10:42 AM

Still love quilting, sewing and being creative.

BobbiSue2009 09-25-2011 10:45 AM

Quilting is my passion. Hardly a day passes that I don't put some stitches in SOMETHING! Not only do I love quilting, I find it is therapy for me. Since my stroke about a year ago, I see great improvement in my left hand. Before, I could only touch the tips of my thumb and forefinger together. Now I can clench my fist at well (Left side!!!!!)....

KS quilter 09-25-2011 11:07 AM

You betcha!! even after 30 to 40 years.

mucky 09-25-2011 11:48 AM

Sometimes I go through a spell where I have to get away from it for awhile and that is usually in the summer when I am gone for about a month. Then I"m so anxious to get going again.

collady 09-25-2011 12:00 PM

More so now that ever before! I now have the time to do the creative beautiful things that I have always wanted to do, but lacked time ( and money).

cmagee84 09-25-2011 12:27 PM

Love it now more than ever! I started quilting in 1992, but only did machine piecing and hand quilting. I started learning machine quilting near the end of 2008. I now have a long arm and just can't get enough of each step of the process...beginning to end! Like someone said before, it is not a hobby it is part of my life!

Taughtby Grandma 09-25-2011 12:45 PM

I have 2 tops ready to be quilted. While cleaning up this morning after putting the border on the last one, I found a bag of scraps someone gave me, started going through it and decided there might be enough make at least a lap quilt.

I seem to think, ah now that one is finished I'll take time off for a while, then another quilt attacks me. "Make me, make me, I'm next" (or is that the voices in my head?) Oh well, I'm off on another tangent! :lol: