Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Quilting Still Enjoyable For You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-still-enjoyable-you-t155374.html)

AnnR 09-25-2011 12:51 PM

[quote=mucky]Sometimes I go through a spell where I have to get away from it for awhile...

I do the same, but I find after a short time I'm drawn to looking at fabrics, patterns, quilting magazines, Amazon for quilting books, etc. I love designing and piecing. The actual quilting is my least favorite part of the process, but I do it so that I can have this quilt to enjoy and can start another. It's been about 25 years since I made my first quilt, and I still get excited about starting my next one.

Rose Bagwell 09-25-2011 01:02 PM

I have been quilting half of the time you have, but I love it. The anticipation of getting the fabrics, the cutting but most of all putting it together is always such a good feeling of fullfilment for me. I don't know if I will ever get tired ot it.

MS quilter 09-25-2011 01:14 PM

Is there anything else? It is one of the greatest, most fun, most creative, most wonderful,joyful thing I do. When someone asks me that, I say, " The only place housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary." Really, I thinks only quilters understand that. Non-quilters, not so much. I've even been called a fanatic. Yes, I do love to do "fan" quilts! hehe

grammysharon 09-25-2011 01:43 PM

I still love quilting after 22 years. I have many more ideas of quilts to make than I have years left! I hope I never lose the passion!!! :lol: :D

momto5 09-25-2011 01:45 PM

I reckon I do....I've done 56 so far this year...so yep, it just gets "more funner" each year!

peppermint31 09-25-2011 03:22 PM

still love it after 20 some years. always something new to learn and do!!!

tmjennings 09-25-2011 03:26 PM

Sometimes I get a little burn out so I back away and do something else (painting my yard fence now) but I can't wait to finish this so I can get back to quilting.

mhansen6 09-25-2011 04:12 PM

Absolutely. Quilting is my escape from all the stress in my life. I love watching the pieces I cut coming together to make something beautiful. I really wish I had more time to quilt.

mshawii 09-25-2011 04:13 PM

I started in 1980 and still love it. I find that when I get burned out with it or that a project isn't going my way, I take a few days off, read a book that has been waiting to be read or get out of the house and go have lunch with my friends. It is amazing how much better I feel when I get back home or turn the last page of that book. I am ready to get into my studio and figure what went wrong and tackle it head on. I can't imagine not quilting. Jan

msquiltalot 09-25-2011 04:29 PM

I've been quilting a little over 10yrs. and it gets better everyday. It's certainly become my passion. I'm like cranky 3yr old in need of a nap if I go too many days without quilting.