Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silly Sewing Poll - i'm wondering who's like me? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-sewing-poll-im-wondering-whos-like-me-t20195.html)

CajunQuilter2 05-19-2009 06:35 PM

Funny you should ask that!! I have to be barefoot. I feel better using the petal barefoot. I have tried with shoes on but it is just not comfortable for me. Are there any others like that out there?

cybercat 05-19-2009 07:11 PM

I have shoes on but I do not use my foot pedal. I find it too hard to control so I use the hand button on my Kenmore 19606. I am sure once I get used to my machine again I might switche over to see if I can use it since I have a different set up now. This week will be the first time I have sewn with it in 2 years do to a move and settleing in.

littlehud 05-19-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by quilter 1234
Usually always barefoot.... quilter1234 :shock:

Off topic, but I love the quilt in your avatar .... red, white, and blue!
HOO RAH!

And, in honor of my sister=in-law, mother of a Marine, I have to share her new life motto with you, JUST to try to MAKE YOUR DAY!

Life should not be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved and attractive body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, pepsi in the other, body used up and worn out, screaming, WAHOO! WHAT A RIDE!

do I hear an AMEN??? :D

AMEN!!!!!

littlehud 05-19-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by quilter 1234
Usually always barefoot.... quilter1234 :shock:

Off topic, but I love the quilt in your avatar .... red, white, and blue!
HOO RAH!

And, in honor of my sister=in-law, mother of a Marine, I have to share her new life motto with you, JUST to try to MAKE YOUR DAY!

Life should not be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved and attractive body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, pepsi in the other, body used up and worn out, screaming, WAHOO! WHAT A RIDE!

do I hear an AMEN??? :D

AMEN!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!

mary705 05-20-2009 03:40 AM

Usually barefoot, sometimes with socks, only if my feet are cold. I also feel like I have better control.

granniegg 05-20-2009 04:20 AM

Barefooted; just like driving my truck.....I think its a Hawaiian thing.....

wraez 05-20-2009 04:21 AM

Me too.... bare feet preferably, socks if it is cold. If I wear shoes it feels so foreign to me cuz I need to feel that pedal.

warm quilt hugs, sue

chairjogger 05-20-2009 04:23 AM

^5 on the question.. yep.. bare footer or socks.. Shoe gets in the way..
I don't drive anymore, not used to shoes.. maybe that is why.... But, come to think of this whole question.. I have always been a "casual" sewer!!

Ell

lgeorge 05-20-2009 04:49 AM

This is different but only we would understand why we do what we do, I have to have socks on to feel the pedal.

glorcour 05-20-2009 05:28 AM

Never ever with shoes - I need to feel the pedal