Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silly Sewing Poll - i'm wondering who's like me? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-sewing-poll-im-wondering-whos-like-me-t20195.html)

DebJ 05-17-2009 09:16 PM

I too like the sewing barefoot in summer. But I use what is call slipper sock w/traction on the bottom in the winter. This is because I like to be able to use just my toes to control the foot pedal on my old Kenmore machine. On the newer Jamome I put my whole foot on the pedal, it's pedal is more like the car's gas pedal. Where as the Kenmore you press the front edge down because it is hinged at the front not at the heel. I'm use to it but like the newer gas pedal style even better.

hulahoop1 05-17-2009 10:05 PM

Always have to be barefooted. Not so bad where I live now, but was a little bit chilly in snow country.

hulahoop1 05-17-2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by hulahoop1
Always have to be barefooted. Not so bad where I live now, but was a little bit chilly in snow country.

I even have to take my shoes off at work. Coworkers think it's really funny to steal my shoes.....

PrettyKitty 05-18-2009 12:25 AM

Just in my socks. And I am really weird...I sew with the foot pedal BEHIND my foot, and press down on the top of it with my heel, toes resting on the floor. No idea why I do it, but have always done it and feels totally natural to me.

Darlene 05-18-2009 02:56 AM

Shoes or slippers here I don't like to go barefooted.

sewjoyce 05-18-2009 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Just in my socks. And I am really weird...I sew with the foot pedal BEHIND my foot, and press down on the top of it with my heel, toes resting on the floor. No idea why I do it, but have always done it and feels totally natural to me.

Do you drive a car this way too???

omak 05-18-2009 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Doesn't everybody???? :?:

sewjoyce 05-18-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Doesn't everybody???? :?:

:lol: :lol: If you do, just don't get caught in Indiana -- it's against the law to drive without shoes :lol: :lol: :lol:

QuiltyLisa 05-18-2009 03:50 PM

bare feet always.I do have slippers if its cold. but I run around in bare feet in the house most of the time. Drives my DH crazy. In the summer and early fall I run around the lawn and drive in my bare feet. Now I will admit the lady who does my pedicures yells at me about my rough feet. I totally love feeling wet grass on my feet and smushing the dirt in the garden between my toes.

dojo36 05-18-2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Donna, go to a sports medicine doctor- they deal with lots of fallen arches with athletes. My 6th grade students had fallen arches and they are the ones who told me to go to a sports med man. He healed my feet in no time! Boy those kids were smart!

well, i went to a doctor, a foot doctor, podiatrist and all he did was make me some soft padded things to wear on my feet 24/7 but i just couldn't wear them they were so terribly painful. but he did tell me not to buy shoes with a hard arch support that i need a soft arch support, but just couldn't wear those things he made me. so i went from wearing expensive nike shocs to just a cheap shoe and it feels actually better.