Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Terribly unhappy with embroidery work done for me (pics) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/terribly-unhappy-embroidery-work-done-me-pics-t65272.html)

DebraK 09-17-2010 05:03 PM

Is there anyway you can carefully cut the banner out and applique a slightly larger one on there? There may be someone here who could do the embroidery on the new one for you.

bjnicholson 09-17-2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Wow, it looks like they didn't use any stabilizer under the embroidery! That should have prevented the puckering if they did. At this point, I think I would do some small stippling quilting around the lettering to make it lay flat. So sorry this happened to you!

Yeah, like mini snowflakes?

stpatmom 09-17-2010 05:09 PM

do whatever you are most comfortable with. i would go back and ask if there was a way to make it right. if you're not comfortable doing that then try stippling around it. i hope whatever you choose works out for you.

hcarpanini 09-17-2010 05:09 PM

As another longarm quilter, I agree with Eddie. Small stippling behind the lettering in a matching thread to the green. Good luck.

stefanib123 09-17-2010 05:10 PM

I WOULD take it back to the place that did it. At least let them know that you aren't happy. I'm not sure if they could fix it at this point, but they should at least refund your money that you spent on something that is obviously not done right.

Good luck, sorry this happened to you. Its so disappointing, I know.

miss_ticky2 09-17-2010 05:12 PM

That's such a shame. Is this just the top? Has it been sandwiched yet? If not, is it at all possible to replace that green banner? Don't know how difficult it would be, but just a thought

DeEtta 09-17-2010 05:13 PM

You would think an embroidery shop would have done better. They shouldn't have charged at all. I do a lot of embroidery and I would be ashamed if anything I did looked like that. It can be removed, but would be time consuming as those stitches will have underlay stitches under them.

Candace 09-17-2010 05:35 PM

Since you just had the top done, can you count the layers of stablilizer used underneath? There should be some!! I would have used at least 3 layers.

If it were me, I'd do a tight stipple all around it. The puckers are bad, but not the worst I've seen and "You can quilt that out" springs to mind. I don't think it will be noticeable with the tight meandering.

dsb38327 09-17-2010 05:40 PM

Rachel what did the people at the embroidery shop say when you picked it up. Did they acknowledge the problems or did they act like it was fine? If anyone has to rip it out I feel it should be them. If it damages your fabric they owe you the cost of your fabric, notions and labor. You did lovely work. They should at least restore it to the point it was before they started their work on it. If we take our car to a mechanic and the problem isn't resolved we feel we should not have to pay until the problem is resolved. Why do we cut ourselves short on our quilting?
I am unhappy for you. I understand your not saying anything right away. I am like that too. I want to think it through so I can say something sensible. You owe yourself more. Good luck on your decision.

tcnmom 09-17-2010 05:40 PM

If definitely wasn't stablized correctly. Take it back and ask for your money back but don't let them redo it. I'd be afraid that when they took the stitches out they would tear the fabric. The stitching is intense and then the underlay, would leave holes. Try the small stipple and never go back to that shop.