Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Warning about Stack and Whack and other similar designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/warning-about-stack-whack-other-similar-designs-t68841.html)

renee765 10-07-2010 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
I firmly believe every book/pattern/tutorial/instruction should have the following warning.

Be aware that this technique is addictive and may cause undue stress on your quiltmaking. You will discover that before you have the first top finished you will have another cut, another on the cutting table to be cut and about three more still in the original store bags waiting in line to start the process.

You are SO right! I started one OBW, and really liked the way it was turning out (I had about 30 'blocks'). Then I started thinking about how neat it would look with a different fabric that had brighter colors, etc. You get the idea. I now have two OBWs in progress, but no quilt tops out of them yet! (But if I happen to see just the right fabric......)

OHSue 10-07-2010 05:08 PM

My mind is over run with ideas, I don't need this one trying to sneak it's way in!

Jingle 10-07-2010 05:20 PM

I have 3 fabrics I plan to make OBW out of, I'm going to follow Cutebuns tutorial, hoping to start on it after 1st of year.

Heather Hayllar 10-08-2010 02:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I totally agree about this!! I have caught the bug too! Made one as I won a pattern and then made a second!!

1st quilt- My Pines
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108388[/ATTACH]

Irish Pines (#2)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108389[/ATTACH]

sandpat 10-08-2010 03:49 AM

They also didn't appeal to me...that is until I was "forced" to try it as a border for an IRR quilt (see, that wasn't mine). It was so much fun and turned out so great that the OBW sucked me in too, so be very careful!! LOL!!!

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I think I'm the only one on the board that has no interest in them!
I don't know why they don't appeal to me.

Beth 10-08-2010 05:20 AM

I made my first stack and whack in Paducha and it is beautiful and easy. I will make more.

Beth 10-08-2010 05:21 AM

What is bow tuck?

Matilda 10-08-2010 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
I firmly believe every book/pattern/tutorial/instruction should have the following warning.

Be aware that this technique is addictive and may cause undue stress on your quiltmaking. You will discover that before you have the first top finished you will have another cut, another on the cutting table to be cut and about three more still in the original store bags waiting in line to start the process.

This is so true!!! I had made a bunch of stack and whacks, about 9 or so. They were so fun to make and see what the designs came out to be. I did one with animals and ended up, unintentionally, with a skunks stripes down a polar bear's back. I loved doing those. One lady at a quilt guild I was apart of at the time made fun of me for doing so many. I don't care they were fun to do.

Matilda 10-08-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I have 3 fabrics I plan to make OBW out of, I'm going to follow Cutebuns tutorial, hoping to start on it after 1st of year.

What is OBW? I have seen this before. Thanks

Matilda 10-08-2010 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
LOL! Maybe that's what I should do with my parrots fabric....make a stack n whack out of it...

I did do one with a couple of different parrot designs. Turned out very cute.