Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Warning about Stack and Whack and other similar designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/warning-about-stack-whack-other-similar-designs-t68841.html)

sosewcrazy 10-08-2010 04:01 PM

LOL I totally agree! Sounds like my sewing room. And I also have several embroidery projects going at the same time!

Kitsapquilter 10-08-2010 04:07 PM

I agree with you about adding the "addictive" notice. I really got hooked on stack 'n whack quilts for a while. Even my husband was watching for good fabrics for them. He would even point out fabric in clothes and say that it is s & w fabric!
I haven't made one for a while now but I am seeing some beautiful sunflower fabrics right now that I would sure love to turn into a stack ' whack! So I think I may be doing another one soon.

fireworkslover 10-08-2010 04:44 PM

Hah!, once you've made a OBW, you'll never look at printed fabric the same again! For a period of time, that's the only kind of fabric I'd buy. I think I have at least 12 different prints, patiently waiting for me to cut them up and sew them back together for a totally new look.

fireworkslover 10-08-2010 04:48 PM

OBW stands for One Block Wonder. My avatar is a OBW. Made from a parrot, macaw and other tropical birds fabric.

MNM 10-08-2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
So should several others...bow tucks, etc....

3 D Pinwheel, every one I have shown it to have become addicted. MNM

Happy Tails 10-08-2010 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by dforesee
LOL ... nobody warned me and I am sinking in a sea of UFO's! There are so many great patterns and tutorials that are addicting; I haven't tried the bow tuck yet, but I do have the pattern.

me too

CircleSquare 10-08-2010 05:22 PM

For a long time my obsession was the disappearing 9 patch. I must have made 10 or 12 of them. Recently I went to a OBW class, and I have 3 of them started!! I did a couple of SNW quilts years ago and loved it! But never thought of putting it together the way the OBW is arranged!

CircleSquare 10-08-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
OBW stands for One Block Wonder. My avatar is a OBW. Made from a parrot, macaw and other tropical birds fabric.

Fireworkslover - your OBW avatar is gorgeous! Amazing what you can do with parrots, macaws and other tropical birds! :lol:

Sheree from Chicago 10-08-2010 05:32 PM

LOL - I haven't tried these yet but on my to-do list!

quilterfly 10-08-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Stack N Whacks are certainly addicting! Beware that One Block Wonders are actually a form of SNW! Took a class in OBW a couple of weeks ago and now am working on it while two SNWs are sitting there waiting to be completed! Why is it so easy to get distracted?

I took a OBW class at lqs & before I left the shop that day, I had purchased fabric for 3 more OBW's. I was very interested in the "blended" quilts & OBW is an extension of that for me. I love them. They look so complicated, but are really SO easy!