Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What colour to paint sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-colour-paint-sewing-room-t109925.html)

Nana Lynn 03-24-2011 07:37 PM

We moved a year ago and the house had just been repainted with colors that appealed to us. The room for me is kind of dark green with an eggshell ceiling but I have a very bright light in the ceiling and also a lamp simular to the floor lamp Ott. For me I love going in and working on any project, being sewing, scrapbooking,crochet,tating or knit. I try them all.

Cheryl Gaibler 03-24-2011 07:41 PM

I have a new sewing room with a window on the west wall & a door with window on the north wall. My room is outside the house in a finished room in our barn. I painted it the Miller Devin color called Butter. We replaced our kitchen cabinets so took the pantry & painted it barn red & added to the sewing room. My curtains are a wedgewood blue with touches of barn red & sewing notions for the print. Any color goes with yellow so works great for displays

gramabear 03-24-2011 07:53 PM

I painted one of the guest bedrooms Belgian waffle and it faces the east and am very happy with the color for my sewing room.

chuckbere15 03-24-2011 08:41 PM

I have a light yellow in my kitchen/sewing room and it is great. I would also get the best lighting you can get. I am not sure what they are called, but I think they are call day light lamps, love em.

KSue 03-24-2011 08:52 PM

Several years ago when I took over one of my bedrooms I made it into a sewing/craft room. I like the color red and ladybugs so I painted the lower half a light tan, top half red and bordered it with a black stripe and stick onred ladybugs. I like it!

Lv2sew2011 03-24-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by cinnya
Well don't listen to me......my whole room is painted red, lol
I love it. :-D :-D

My bedroom is painted red and I love it too, with white trim just brings out the red! OH master bathroom is red too since they connect...LOL

BluegrassGurl 03-24-2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
My sewing room is in my basement. Since I have no windows in the room , by choice, I wanted something bright so I choose a bright yellow. I really like it. The color makes the room really cheerful, even on the darkest winter day.

Same for me. Additionally, I have dark wood furniture and make use of cheery accent colors. I love it!

christinetindell 03-24-2011 10:12 PM

I'm liking the idea of a soft gray with some fabulous silk like curtains with beautiful jewel tones in them. My mind is spinning. Has to wait until mid-late June

canuckninepatch 03-25-2011 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15
I have a light yellow in my kitchen/sewing room and it is great. I would also get the best lighting you can get. I am not sure what they are called, but I think they are call day light lamps, love em.

I think you mean "Ott lights" - they come in all kinds of types, and I even have a floor lamp that is an Ott light.

phrojangles 03-25-2011 05:49 AM

I painted my sewing room yellow, then my daughter who is a hair stylist she was taught at a hair coloring seminar told me that yellow changes the color of everything. And I can tell you that even though I love the color yellow, it does seem to effect my color choices sometimes.