Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the silliest thing you did while quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-silliest-thing-you-did-while-quilting-t23488.html)

deedum 07-31-2009 03:55 AM

How about when I reached in to give the material a nudge to move along when I was sewing, caught my thumb. Put a nice little gash in it! Learned about the bamboo sticks as a tool :wink: after that

BlueChicken 07-31-2009 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I have sewed the clothes I was wearing to the project.

:lol:
I'm sorry.... but I laughed so hard coke nearly came out my nose when I read this! LOL

I can imagine how embarassing that would be!

My worst (so far) is sewing a pile of about 30 or 40 hst, chain piecing, one after the other, the whole lot of them, then discovering the bobbin ran out halfway down the first one.

deedum 07-31-2009 04:02 AM

now that is funny, sorry I say I have done a few like that myself!

kwhite 07-31-2009 04:04 AM

I seem to be very good at getting peoples drinks to shoot out their noses. I wonder how I can make a living with this skill.

BlueChicken 07-31-2009 04:07 AM

I seem to be very good at getting peoples drinks to shoot out their noses. I wonder how I can make a living with this skill.

It's not a pleasant sensation! LOL

;-)

Ninnie 07-31-2009 04:38 AM

I too have sewn my clothes to a quilt while lap quilting.

Bevanger 07-31-2009 04:41 AM

Trying to press my seams. I thought my iron died, but dummy me forgot to plug it in :lol:

King's Daughter 07-31-2009 05:08 AM

I've sewed things to my clothes; I've run the sewing machine needle through my fingernail; and the last quilt I made, which was for a class, I chainpieced all twelve blocks, got up to press, cut them apart, started pressing, and....the second one didn't match the first one. Oh no. Which one was wrong? How MANY were wrong? Well, only one was right. Spent what seemed like hours trying to pick out the stitching. Noticed some brown thread. Wait, I didn't use any brown thread! Blood will turn the thread brown. Was making such a hash of it (and my thumb), that I ended up trimming away the offending pieces, and cutting new ones. I seem to make lots of stupid boo-boos. I told my DH last night that I shouldn't be trusted with markers, irons, or sharp objects.

Riversong 07-31-2009 05:22 AM

I have quilted my project to my nightie,,,and once I went to Walmart and when I went to write a check,saw that I was wearing my thimble...DUH!!

mamatobugboo 07-31-2009 05:24 AM

I have sewed the clothes I was wearing to the project.

that's really funny!

I was FMQing a project and I didn't notice that one corner was tucked under, so I ended up sewing that corner curled under "into" the quilt soI had to rip out all those meandering stitches and start over....