Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you talking about when you speak of your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-talking-about-when-you-speak-your-stash-t57709.html)

pstoner 08-03-2010 05:51 PM

most of my "stash" is projects that I am going to start, or left over pieces from previous projects. I have one drawer that I put my "cutoff's" into but that's the extent of my stash.

mtnmama 08-03-2010 06:01 PM

My stash is buying kits I like when they are on sale. I love collecting batiks. I also love to buy a pattern I really like then I'll see the fabric I love to make that pattern and not really having enough time to use all this fabric, so I keep collecting. I like to justify my stash collecting while I am still working full time so that one day when my income is less I will have enough fabric and patterns to keep me happy for a while. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

wvdek 08-03-2010 06:22 PM

IMHO, your stash is any fabric you have in your posession whether scraps or whole pieces, whether a small shoe box or a roomful.

mom-6 08-03-2010 06:59 PM

I've been collecting fabric for at least 10 years, plus people know I do all sorts of crafts (or have in the past) so I've been given other people's stashes as well...You know like "hey this was in my mom's closet when we were cleaning out the house to sell it, I thought you might be able to use it"...as they give me a big box of fabric or yarn or WIPs. Still don't have nearly as much as some I've seen on here though!

Butterflyblue 08-03-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
I've been given other people's stashes as well...You know like "hey this was in my mom's closet when we were cleaning out the house to sell it, I thought you might be able to use it"...as they give me a big box of fabric or yarn or WIPs. Still don't have nearly as much as some I've seen on here though!

A lot of my stash was acquired that way too. And I save scraps, so I have a lot of those.

Dix 08-03-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I have 5 (65 qt) plastic totes filled with just scraps, 2 large drawers filled with already cut squares and strips, plus a whole ton of yardage, ruler folded in drawers and another 18-20 (65 qt) plastic totes filled with yardage. I am trying to not shop for fabric. LOL

I can be at your house anytime lol

Annaquilts 08-03-2010 07:31 PM

I am definitely not like you. My stashing capabilities are increasing by the year. I do have a quilter friend that has a tiny stash that she keeps in the night stand in her guest bedroom and it is not even full. LOL Mine doesn't even fit in a dresser.

jazzy519 08-03-2010 07:42 PM

Lol mine is stashed through out my house. My DH could have a heck of a yard sale if something happened to me.

KellyPA 08-03-2010 07:55 PM

I don't have much either. I have some pieces from my teen years that I purchased while visiting Lancaster (which is actually where I live now), scraps from projects, and pieces I have picked up at yard sales. I'm ALWAYs impressed with the beautiful fabric "stash" pictures, but I am thankful for what I have and maybe one day I will move in with one of them ;-)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-03-2010 08:06 PM

Anything left over or in waiting, I probibly have less than others more than some.

Could be called stach, stuffed, poked, crammed, hid or hiding, omg forgot about that, and really like, must get some of that !! :)