Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew and quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t37044.html)

QuiltingGrannie 02-16-2010 06:52 AM

I have a small sewing room that is actually meant to be a 3rd bedroom, but it's just the two of us so the second bedroom is the office/computer room, the third is my sewing room. BUT my DH expects that I'll take over the downstairs den eventually. I prefer the smaller room as the den is cold and only one small high window. I like to be able to look out my windows and see what's going on.

sew_lulu 02-16-2010 07:00 AM

Although, I do have my own sewing/office room, I do most of my sewing in the dinning room. It's where the action is.

I posted a picture of my sewing/guest room earlier. Well, I moved all my quilting stuff into my office now since I rather have my stuff there than in the guest room.

aliaslaceygreen 02-16-2010 07:17 AM

My studio is the third bedroom (10x11)...When we bought the house, I chose this over the other (9x12)...thats the guest room...
Before this though, when I lived in NYC, it was the kitchen table....

QuiltMania 02-16-2010 07:22 AM

I have a tiny space in the living room. Just big enough for a 2' x 3' sewing table and my treadle machine next to it. I live in envy of those of you who have sewing rooms. DS #1 will be going off to college in 4 years so I have designs on his room.

Rose Marie 02-16-2010 09:11 AM

I am single so can do what I want and so turned my master bedroom into my sewing room. Had Laminate floor put in and took off the closet doors. I love my special room and spend alot of time here (my computer is in here too).
Only one complaint, my master is the size of a normal bedroom. The other two are so small only a twin fits in them.

mrs theo 02-16-2010 09:26 AM

I sew in my bedroom now. I was using one of my spare bedrooms as a sewing room, but almost a year and a half ago, my daughter and grandson moved in; used up two spare bedrooms really quick. My bedroom isn't working out so well since my husband frequently escapes there to do his work (he writes software and needs quiet which is in short supply with the four year old :-) ). They're moving this spring, so I get my space back :thumbup: :thumbup:

RatherB Quilting 02-16-2010 09:34 AM

We are living in a "temporary" trailer while we are waiting to build a house on the land we bought last year. So, because the whole trailer is the size of a postage stamp, (and holds heat about as well as a postage stamp would too...)I sew at the dining room table. I have already ruined one cutting mat due to this...but, it will be worth it in the end. My husband regularly talks about the craft room he is going to build me in our house. He is insistant that someday I will have a long arm and I need to have a room big enough to accommodate that! Who needs a master bedroom???

Lady Tapioca 02-16-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by quazyquilter
Most of the time, I sew in my sewing room. But, when I have hand work to do or I am drawing up a new design, I sit on couch in the living room.

Same here!

MadQuilter 02-16-2010 09:59 AM

A 10'11"x10'11" room upstairs which used to be a bedroom. Now it has one wall lined with base and wall cabinets, a book case, my sewing table, and the ironing board. It's a little tight, but it works. (There is enough room for a spare office chair so DH can keep me company and watch a movie or TV.

Who needs overnight guests anyway?

MaxineB 02-16-2010 10:18 AM

I use the 3rd bedroom. I LOVE the pictures of basements turned into sewing rooms-all that space! I think the thing that matters most is not having to pick up your project when the day is done. I enjoy walking out of my room & shutting the door. The next time I sew, it's just the way I left it.