Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew and quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t37044.html)

craftybear 02-16-2010 04:50 PM

Also in our spare bedroom we have a twin size bed for company but no one comes to visit us, so I bought the long tables at Walmart and put over the bed, just the right size and that way I have tables on top of the bed for storage. I put a table cloth over the tables and looks like a big table but there is a bed under it, ha ha Also I have plastic storage bins under the twin bed. I make use of all of my space, ha ha

Karen

vicki75 02-16-2010 06:24 PM

I have also taken over the dining room...and now I'm spilling out into the breakfast eating area. I can't help it...that table is counter height and the perfect size for my cutting board. :mrgreen: A girl needs to cut...

I really need to clean things up. I'm even starting to think I have a mess. :lol:

cjomomma 02-16-2010 06:35 PM

My sewing area is behind my couch in the livingroom. It's a very small space but I can keep an eye on my 3yr.old that way. If I need to lay a quilt out so I can get a good look at it I lay it out on my bed and them walk from the bedroom to the livingroom. It's a pain but I get exercise that way.

DianD 02-16-2010 06:42 PM

I sew at the dining room table, and I love it. From the large window i can see thee back yard, the grape arbor, my puppy playing, all that good stuff, and inside, I'm able to see the fire in the fireplace, the TV, and I can monitor dinner cooking. I don't feel cut off from everything...I feel like the queen of the manor!

RedGarnet222 02-16-2010 07:15 PM

We have four bedrooms, I use one of the spares for my sewing room and another one for the quilting table, because it won't fit in with all the other sewing furniture and ironing board. Hubby has his tread machine in there with the quilting table, so I cover it up when I am not quilting. I suggested making the other spare bedroom into an exercize room, but he won't give up the guest room. Dog-gone it.
All that being said, I do handwork in the family room at night while watching tv with dh.

2 Doods 02-16-2010 07:41 PM

I started with the 4th bedroom as my craft room. When we brought the Grace Frame home it went into the retreat/office room off of the master bedroom. As I got into quilting things migrated to that room. Now the 4th bedroom is mostly storage. I want to clean it out and move all the quilting into there-I think. Except I like having the TV where I can see it and I would have have to take the grace frame apart to get it down the hall. Too much work! So I am still off the master. I can close the door and watch what I want and sew, sew, sew!

Mousie 02-16-2010 07:49 PM

I have an 11 x 13 bedroom that is my sewing room, but I prefer to sit in living room with DH, so i moved my machine in there.
I like to do my hand sewing in my recliner under a bright, bright light and listen to the telly :thumbup:

Joan 02-16-2010 07:55 PM

I actually have a small room that has been designated as "The Sewing Room". My fabric is all neatly (?) organized in the closet along with boxes of batting, tools and the like. But, for the most part I quilt in the living room on a card table. We had an extra round oak table that quickly became the work table off of our dining room. There are little piles of fabric everywhere and parts of the three projects I am currently working on. It is Heaven to me and DH doesn't complain. Eventually, I want a room like some of you have......

IrishNY 02-16-2010 08:01 PM

Our fourth bedroom has been my sewing room since we moved into the house. It's small but serviceable and I didn't have to pick stuff up when I stopped for a while. I have long since dreamed of having my kids move out and confiscating one of their bigger bedrooms for my sewing room.

Now one is out of the house and two are gone most of the year at college. Still one left but I have moved some stuff into the girls room which is empty most of the time and I can see I will love it when they are gone for good.

It is so nice to be able to set up the ironing board and not be tripping over it. I appreciate having my own room but can't wait to have a bigger room.

4dogs 02-16-2010 08:11 PM

I have my very own PLAY ROOM and I do love it..it has the computer, my roll top desk, the 2 very large cabinets for all my fabic, plus the sewing machine. I also have a whole wall of shelves and that is where the magazines, and books are located (both quilting and cross stitch),plus old peach baskets, that I have things like XMAS fabric in, plus any that I am in the middle of doing.. I have a "table" made by placing an old closet door atop 2 file cabinets(2 drawer ones) and I have an old microwave cabinet that I use for my cutting matt(it has wheels, so can move it around). My ironing is on a side of the closet-door table. I love the fact that I dont have to clean up in the middle of a project.My hubby has his "play room" in the bedroom next door, so he is close for talking, but we dont get in each others way. These two bedrooms were our son and daughters, prior to them growing up and marrying. I have a 5 bedroom house, so am very lucky to still have 2 guest bedrooms for company and family. My wish is that everyone have a room of their own.