Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Putting a name on a quilt >

Putting a name on a quilt

Putting a name on a quilt

Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Hi ,

I am an intensive care fostercare MOM.I want to speak my mind. Hopefully if the word gets out stealing a childs belongings will not be tolerated .

Foster homes should not be keeping anything that belongs to the child. I agree in placing the childs name on the quilt..but make it noticable. Hopefully that would keep anyone from keeping a childs belongings .

My husband was a foster child and his foster family kept his Christmas presents. It was a long time ago but he remembers it clearly. Esp the big red fire engine he lost.

Alice
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 PM

I iron white fabric on freezer paper run it through the printer, take it off freezer paper and iron it on wonder under then peel back off wonder under then iron it onto the quilt. If ironed good ,it will stay.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by ICU_FOSTERMOM
Hi ,

I am an intensive care fostercare MOM.I want to speak my mind. Hopefully if the word gets out stealing a childs belongings will not be tolerated .

Foster homes should not be keeping anything that belongs to the child. I agree in placing the childs name on the quilt..but make it noticable. Hopefully that would keep anyone from keeping a childs belongings .

My husband was a foster child and his foster family kept his Christmas presents. It was a long time ago but he remembers it clearly. Esp the big red fire engine he lost.

Alice
I agree with you totally Alice. I assume those chidren don't have a lot of belonging to begin with but they definitely should be allowed to keep the few things they do have and treasure. A quilt specificially should be allowed for a foster child to keep and treasure as it could very well be their greatest treasure during a very tough time in their lives.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Somewhere on here I read someone say that they wouldn't give out any of their personal ID info and I agree with that also. If I knew the child I would put on their my first name or something the child could identify with but family couldn't trace. I the child knows and likes you, depending on the child's age, they'll remember you and very well may try to find you. If you're making quilt for a child you don't know you could put a the date on it or some clue that will help them remember where and when it was given to them. Unfortunately in this time of volatile people, we do also have to protect ourselves and privacy.

By all means, make the quilt with all the love you can put into it and yes, please do put the child's entire name on the quilt large enough so there will be no mistake as to whom the quilt belongs. That's the best you can do.
Hugs,
Patty
Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Does anyone know of software that I can download to resize photos?
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jshep
Does anyone know of software that I can download to resize photos?
Try Picnik )think that's the correct spelling) They have a free and paid version and the free is plenty good.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 AM

Thanks so much for this site.