Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QB- Good and Bad >

QB- Good and Bad

QB- Good and Bad

Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 AM

I am taking care of my 92yo mother and quilting is my stress reducer, am I good, maybe, but I enjoy it and people love the quilts they get so, keep on quilting.
Each to their own!!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have learned not to compare my quilts to the ones I see on here. If I did then I would give up quilting.
I'm like you! I buy what I can afford whether it be Walmart fabric's or the thrift shops. As far as pressing the seams I just go with what feels right on each quilt.
I'm sure your quilts are beautiful!
Great advice - it works for me
Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
RDM

Thank you for your honest thoughts. Everyone is at a different place, what you do is wonderful, just look at your avatar! For me, I'm challenged by what I see created here, I rejoice in the amazing quilts others have done and inspired to try something new. I too wish I could do more but the process is fun. I encourage you to find joy in your unique talent and to treasure the labor of love you put into each quilt.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
Joy, I went to look at your quilt pictures. I'm so sorry you have had a downer! Your applique work is just amazing. Your black & white log cabin is just wow. the pineapple quilt!!! all those points.

Don't stop quilting, tremors or no.

Your name is Joy & I hope quilting continues to BRING you JOY.
Joy, I couldn't have said better. Your quilts are spectacular. Who cares (or knows) whether your blocks are 7 3/8 instead of 7 3/4? As long as they all look the same it works. Bless your heart. I really admire you and your talent.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM

I'm new to quilting and have been so depressed with what I've seen and the comments, BUT YOU have given me new hope that whatever I do will be fine, it is the love that you put in a quilt and not always the perfect outcome. Thank you fine lady !
Old 07-09-2011, 02:27 PM

I took a look at some of your quilts that you've posted, and they're absolutely gorgeous, so I say that you're a quilter, regardless of the fact that you don't have a fancy machine and your 1/4" seam isn't exactly right. Please keep on quilting and show us more pics of your quilts.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:28 PM

I am a self taught quilter and mostly do just simple and basic quilts.

I learned long ago, never to compare myself to others. We are all given different measures of talent and we are to be content with what we have...and most imortantly to use the talent you've been given.

When I joined this board, my eyes were widened to the amazing world of quilting that I never could have imagined. The quilts are far beyond my wildest dreams...and I adore looking at them, but I have no desire to make them.

My simple style is what I am...and I'm happy with it.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 PM

Joy,

Your quilts amazing. You have more talent then you give yourself. As far as being able to do a 1/4 seam, it's a miracle if mine s consistent. I also do not prewash. I understand when you say that this an outlet for yourself. I to am a caregiver to my paralyzed DS and disabled DH. I look forward to seeing some more of you quilts.

Robyn
Old 07-10-2011, 01:07 AM

Good Lord Woman.....You are lucky that you have enough energy left to quilt. I have been quilting since 1982 and thought I did quite well at it....until....I joined QB and saw all the exquisite quilts displayed by QB members. I still feel that I do well, but I am not in competition with anyone but myself. If I am pleased with the results of my quilting, that is all that counts. So quilt on and enjoy the fruits of your quilting labors.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:04 AM

If you enjoy, for what ever reason, keep your activity alive.Half of the fun is in the doing, not the result.