Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt curtain! >

Quilt curtain!

Quilt curtain!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by k3n
I get you Izy - so I just sew the header on then hook every 4" and the quilt, because it'll be a little bit stiffer than plain fabric, will naturally 'wave' in and out? Have I got you? :D Or not? :roll:

K x
That's what I meant :D
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
k3n
Power Poster

:wink: :D
Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 PM

well when you move on to those windows in the living room....here is an idea if you don't want to actually make the roman shade if you very plain inexpensive ones where you live you can add the material you want to them as shown here
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/f...ct-2009-076502
Old 02-22-2009, 12:42 PM

I made a quilt to hang over a very drafty window in my shorehouse bedroom. I used the thin batting and a rod pocket and hung the quilt straigt but used a much longer rod than the window so I would have room to slide it to one side. It really lookes great. No pleats or anthing just straight like a wall hanging. It really keeps the cold out and the heat in. I would send you a picture but that house is 3 hours away from my regular house. Good luck. :)
Old 02-22-2009, 12:50 PM

Thanks for sharing. I just bought a roman shade on clearance at Kmart and thought I could try something like that but had no idea how to do it. I am going to try it with the directions.
Thanks
Linda
Old 02-22-2009, 12:52 PM
k3n
Power Poster

The blind makeover looks a great idea - no fiddling around with strings and pulleys! Let us know how you get on Linda! And thanks for the info on your quilt curtain!

K x
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 PM

I bought some stuff long ago @ JoAnns (I think) that is silver, thin and has insulating properties.Yu could use that as your batting. I am sure they still carry it or something like it. I was going to make a window quilt, like a lovely scenic thing. I had planned on attaching to window frame with velcro so I could put up @ night and take down at will. Don't know how much use your door gets for the velcro but it certainly could be made as a curtain... hope this helps! BTW - I never did make the dern thing...... :)
Old 02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
I bought some stuff long ago @ JoAnns (I think) that is silver, thin and has insulating properties.Yu could use that as your batting. I am sure they still carry it or something like it. I was going to make a window quilt, like a lovely scenic thing. I had planned on attaching to window frame with velcro so I could put up @ night and take down at will. Don't know how much use your door gets for the velcro but it certainly could be made as a curtain... hope this helps! BTW - I never did make the dern thing...... :)
It's the only door in and out of the house so it gets quite a lot of use! :D

Do you know the brand name of the stuff you describe - I'm in France and we don't have Joann's here :cry:

Thanks!

K x
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 PM

I made a quilt and turned it into a shower curtain with tabs at the top, I used light weight batting and it isn't too heavy at all. I think that it would help to keep the draft out if you used batting. Your door opening area looked like you could use something, a spring rod maybe to hang it from instead of nailing anything to the wall and you can remove the whole thing during the warmer months.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:12 PM
k3n
Power Poster

That's a good idea, that could sit just inside the recess and DH wouldn't have to get his power tools out...!

K x