Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt kits >

Quilt kits

Quilt kits

Old 12-14-2014, 05:40 AM

The only hint about quilt kits that I have is use a scant seam. Sometimes the fabrics are cut so tight there isn't much wiggle room in seaming.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:09 AM

I have not bought kits from Keepsaje but their precuts are exact cuts. Diane C
Old 12-14-2014, 07:33 AM

I have only purchased one quilt kit. And only because it was perfect for what I wanted. The fabric was generous and luckily the instructions were clear. Now who could resist this little one!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]502414[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mackinley-front.jpg   mackinley-quilt.jpg  
Old 12-14-2014, 07:58 AM

My next door neighbor buys quilt kits all the time. That's about all she sews from is kits. She doesn't like trying to figure out what fabrics to purchase.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM

I bought some precut quilt kits from www.fussycutter.com and found her work to be accurate, the fabric high quality, and no issues at all. Her prices were very good. I am not affiliated, just impressed by quality goods. She is even willing to cut your fabric for you, with a quick turnaround, for those who have trouble doing it themselves or just want some accurate cuts. Give her a try, you won't be sorry.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 AM

I have bought from a on line company called creative quilt kits (they also have a store) very generous with fabric cuts.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:32 AM

I buy kits frequently as I'm terrible at picking out fabrics. I've had only one problem and that was a Keepsake kit so please be careful and inspect the kit as soon as you get it.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:07 AM

I have only bought them from Keepsake Quilting and Connecting Threads and have always been happy with them.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I have never bought a kit preferring to pick out my own fabrics, but I have hardly heard anything negative about Keepsake Quilting. I just personally think their prices are a bit too high for my budget.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:39 AM

I buy kits all the time and they have never skimped on fabric, however I would suggest comparing the fabric list with what they sent immediately. Also read through the directions at least once. I have had one kit that was missing one piece (which was immediately replaced with apologies) but if you wait, you have no recourse or the fabric is no longer available. Usually Connecting Threads sends more than enough. One time I was able to almost get a second quilt. I order sale kits from them all the time if I like the fabric, even if I don't like the pattern. If you figure out the yardage, it is usually a great deal. I do applique, so smaller pieces are always useful. I have gotten kits from my LQS, Connecting Threads, Wish Upon a Quilt, Fat Quarter Shop, Keepsake etc. All were nice quality fabric.