Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Patterns >

Quilt Patterns

Quilt Patterns

Old 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM

I sometimes use the same pattern such as log cabin, dresden plate, double wedding ring but no two things I have ever made are the same. Even if I had orders for 10 wall hangings for instance, every one is different in some way.

But, some people like tried and true and there is nothing wrong with that!

Whatever works for you is just great. They are all loved.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Holice,

Do you have the actual pattern for your picture? That is absolutely gorgeous and I am into doing things that are "outside the box." I'd love to get a copy of that pattern.

Barb. Workman
Old 12-09-2010, 02:14 PM

I seldom repeat a pattern, more often repeat units such as HST flying geese or four patches.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 PM

For my twin nieces different border and backing and now 2 Christmas gift quilts because got 2 the same jelly rolls on sale !! One to brother and family and one to nephew and family. I do like and have several and I mean several books and printed off computer marked for future ones ! Hope I live long enough !! LOL Lord knows
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM

I have made many flannel rag quilts because each family member asks for one if they weren't the one to get this years. However, all the adults are now warm and snuggled in and I am currently trying to catch up on the babies. They are coming faster than I can make them. To answer the original question I love doing different quilts but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:51 PM

Hi Ladies, I read a lot but don't always join in. I visited a brand new quilt shop in Muncy, PA today. On display was a quilt made from an out of print book. It is from one of the Miss Jump Books, designer.... Jan Patek... book " Miss Jump's Memories". The pattern is "Morning Glory Angels". I would LOVE to buy the book or a copy of the "Morning Glory Angels" pattern if anyone would be willing to sell it.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
Most of the time I have not repeated quilts/pattern in my 8 yrs of piecing/quilting. I think the only ones that I have repeated is for a few table runners (fast and easy).
I'm looking for a fast and easy runner pattern. Is your pattern out there somewhere that I could get it online?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 PM

I love the challenge of trying new patterns. Plus, there are so many gorgeous quilts out there I only hope to live long enough to make many of them!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I like trying new designs, but for some reason, I keep going back to the same old pattern. . . . . . is that a bad thing?? :roll:
Not if it makes you happy, it isn't! :thumbup:
Old 12-09-2010, 05:30 PM

I get really bored doing the same pattern over, I usually go a a year before I use a pattern again. Love to try new patterns.