Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt stores in Denver! >

Quilt stores in Denver!

Quilt stores in Denver!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. As I said I am on the mend, physically at least! My doctor tells me that time heals all and as he is excellent- and very cute!- I accept that. My local priest has been fantastic and helped me through the worst of coming back here when I first had to leave my family. However, everyone who comes to see me from home has to bring me material and all my friends from school and college have trips planned over the next few months so Im going to have a great time. I may never go back to work again, but Ill have lots to keep me happy! I am an American living here in the UK as my husband is a Brit, (but also cute!!) I have travelled the U.S. and many parts of the world and never had a problem before so I was just unlucky. Its great to be alive and I now appreciate it more than I ever did. I cant wait to go back to the quilt stores in Denver that I missed this trip! The message board is great to read too- I may even learn how to upload photos of my quilts one day!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM

Oh, my jaw just dropped when I read about the mugging! I just cannot believe that, and I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience. I have lived in the Denver area for most of my life and never have had anything like that happen. It had to have been so bad for you to be in the hospital for three weeks!!!! Just continue to recover, and please don't judge us by the stupidity and ignorance of this pathetic mugger. I send love and healing energy your way.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 PM

Amazing how many of us hail from or have lived in the Denver area. Still, I don't miss it, and much prefer the CO mountains to the busy city. Denver does have some awesome quilt shops, for sure.

Our mountain town now has a wonderful LQS that has been open for one year now. One gal is coming up from the very north end of Colo. Spgs. once a month for a BOM club. Wow! If any of you are even up in the Woodland Park area, please make sure to stop at "Nuts and Bolts Needleworks". No affiliation, just a satisfied customer and dear friend of the owner, Marcia.

Happy quilting,
Old 09-30-2009, 05:40 AM

I shall add Nuts and Bolts to my list for my return trip- maybe next year! My Mom and I are going to make a list of all the quilt stores in the most beautiful places in the world and go visit! Are there any on tropical islands with lush beaches , endless sunshine and 5* hotels at 2* prices????