Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilted Walker Caddy >

Quilted Walker Caddy

Quilted Walker Caddy

Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by Sewflower
Did you use a pattern for this or is it yours? It would be nice to make for the veterans hospital. Where can I get it? Thanks
I started with a pattern in a book from House of White Birches, +5 +10 Fat Quarters, and then went totally off on my own. I would be happy to share what I did and what I would do differently when I make some more. Let me know and I'll try to put together a simple tute.
A Tute would be great. Did he give you ideas as to what kinds of pockets he and other guys needed? thanks
I did a tutorial and it is listed under "Tutorials." I made the pockets for my BIL based on what I know about him. If you are planning on making one for a loved one or friend, and it isn't going to be a surprise, then I'd just ask what they would like. I added the cell phone pouch to the one I made for the tutorial when a member suggested that. I think if you know the person likes to read while they are at their doctors/chemo treatment or whereever then I'd add a pouch to hold a good sized paperback. One of my friends likes to do her cross stitch while she takes her treatments so I made a compartment specifically designed to hold her project. For a basic caddy I would do three compartments.
Hope this helps.