Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Confessions >

Quilting Confessions

Quilting Confessions

Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM

What's the name of the third one; made in beiges or tans with white? I really like that pattern.

By the way, ladies, when you find fabric that you "just want" for your stash, how much do you usually buy? I'm kind of a newbie, so I'm never sure whether to go ahead and get 3 yards or 2 yards or even 1 yard. How do you judge???
Old 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Originally Posted by JenniePenny
My confession is that when I'm sewing and my husband has made a nice dinner and he calls out that dinner is ready, I secretly wish that I didn't have to bother with eating! Oh for heaven's sake, I am just getting these seams to line up for the first time this afternoon, and now to be called away!

But I know it's not good to complain that he made a nice dinner! I'm very fortunate.
I don't feel so bad now....my DH actually brings dinner to me. I clean up the dishes when I'm ready, but dinner is handed to me on a platter. I love it.
JenniePenny - I love you quilt avatar
Old 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Originally Posted by fayza
Okay..... As I've said I have only been quilting or even sewing for about a year. I began in Jan. 2010 I have finished 15 quilt tops to date.

Now for the confession..... I am addicted to buying fabric.

However, I must say my fabric stash is not very large at all. When I buy fabric I usually try to purchase enough to do a quilt and I will NOT leave it in my fabric tote I have to cut it up and have it ready to be sewn. And let me just say it worries me to death when its laying in my sewing room and hasn't been cut. I loose sleep over it!!! Finally when its cut I can bounce back and forth from project to project until its finished. (I'm going to make another post listing all of my current projects, maybe if I share their status I'll hurry and finish them.) After a year of this madness the projects are really building up on me!!! And my fabric shopping addiction is not slowing down :)
Holy Cow! You've made 15 tops in a year? You must not have a job outside the home. Or they are crib size or smaller. Just wait, your fabric buying seems to get worse the longer you have this hobby (love/obsession). I've been quilting for 10 yrs. and about once a year I redo the boxes my stash is in and move them to larger boxes. The one kind of fabric I have the most of is for OBW's. I've at least 12 hunks for just those. Good Luck!

that's funny....both of the above! While rearranging a "stack" of quilt tops waiting to be finished, I spotted a plastic bag and rediscovered a large print Asian fabric that I obviously had bought for another OBW...yup, I'm addicted to them also. I had completely forgotten about it and it got buried!
Will have to wait until I finish at least three WIP. Must hurry since I've got 6 more QFK's kits due to arrive on the 6th.

:-P :thumbup:
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 PM

My confession is that when I'm sewing and my husband has made a nice dinner and he calls out that dinner is ready, I secretly wish that I didn't have to bother with eating! Oh for heaven's sake, I am just getting these seams to line up for the first time this afternoon, and now to be called away!

But I know it's not good to complain that he made a nice dinner! I'm very fortunate.
You are so lucky to have a husband who will fix the dinner! I can only dream..
Maybe in my next life the pick will be different... ;-)
Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949
What's the name of the third one; made in beiges or tans with white? I really like that pattern.

By the way, ladies, when you find fabric that you "just want" for your stash, how much do you usually buy? I'm kind of a newbie, so I'm never sure whether to go ahead and get 3 yards or 2 yards or even 1 yard. How do you judge???
The third one pictured is called Trip Around The World. I guess you can tell its one of my favorite patterns to make. (The purple & pink one is also done in Trip Around the World)
Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 PM

who isn't addicted to buying fabric?????????????Join the club....
Old 12-03-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Momsmurf

You are so lucky to have a husband who will fix the dinner! I can only dream..
Maybe in my next life the pick will be different... ;-)
Yes, thank you Momsurf. I'm lucky he does make nice dinners. It's a sweet thing he does. But I only feel guilty because I'm not a big eater and I don't need to eat as often as he does. I'm a real peanut-sized person, I'm afraid to say. I'd rather graze and have some pretzels and grapes or just butterscotch hard candy when I'm happily sewing on a Saturday afternoon. That's my confession.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:53 PM

I love your Snowman. Do you have this pattern? If so, can you share with me how to get it too?

Thank you!

Karen
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Wow You have been a very busy quilter.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Annz
Wow You have been a very busy quilter.
Yes. I love to stay busy. And posting a list of my projects has motivated me immensely, I'm really wanting to finish so I can share with my QB friends.