Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting gloves-use them or not >

quilting gloves-use them or not

quilting gloves-use them or not

Old 01-12-2019, 12:55 PM

I do. I admit I thought it was a gimmick until I tried it. I can tell a difference in my FMQ.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:02 PM

This is the exact reason that I asked. So many things offered are so unnecessary to have or down right useless so I wanted to know how others felt and if they liked them what kind they use. I liked the ones she had the Fons and Porter but it seems most here like the Machingers. I had never tried any before this day with the Fons & Porters.
Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
I do. I admit I thought it was a gimmick until I tried it. I can tell a difference in my FMQ.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
I too use Machingers and sometimes still use my Fons and Porter ones. I'm very interested in the one's Angela Walters wears in her videos. I have seen people ask her about them but I don't see any responses. SusieQOH do you know where to get them?
Maria- I'm quite sure you can order them from her website and maybe Bluprint? Not sure about that one. I checked Amazon but they don't carry them. I want some!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:44 AM

Talking Machingers are my favorite

I have found that when I use the gloves to quilt, my stitches look much better. I can quilt longer as well, due to the gloves having the grips to move the quilt and keep it flat without having to use so much pressure with my hands. I like the Machingers because they are lightweight and don't cause my hands to sweat.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:34 AM

Machinger's all the way here, too. I even wear one on my left hand when I'm sewing the rows of blocks together while constructing a quilt. They help guide the bulk without added stress to my wrist.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:39 AM

Machingers,have tried others,always go back to machingers.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:04 AM

I use Machingers too, but I cut half of the pointer finger and thumb fabrics away. That way I don't have to remove them to thread a needle. This is a trick I learned from Christina Cameli.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I use Machingers too, but I cut half of the pointer finger and thumb fabrics away. That way I don't have to remove them to thread a needle. This is a trick I learned from Christina Cameli.
Yes! I love Christina! Her gloves look somewhat like Angela Walters that I mentioned above.
May be cheaper to just cut them like Christina did. I looked on Angela's website but they are sold
out for now.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 AM

I use Machingers all the time. My current pair I paid what...$15.00 for? (I live in Canada, so they are more expensive) and I've used them over 2 years. I've done so many black quilts they are stained on the tips and my index fingers are starting to wear through. I bought a new pair, but they are so pristine white I don't want to mark them!

Watson
Old 01-13-2019, 06:58 AM

I have some fingerless compression gloves that have a grippy surface on the palm. I originally bought them because of pain in my hands, but had them on one day while FMQing and they worked great and---bonus----my fingertips were left uncovered so I could thread the machine without taking my gloves off!