Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Insomnia >

Quilting Insomnia

Quilting Insomnia

Old 03-20-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
It is now 6:13 a.m. and I've been awake for an hour and a half figuring out what colors to make my next quilt and what pattern to use. I keep putting fabric concoctions together and there isn't even any fabric in front of or near me? Am I nuts or do I have companions out there? We are going to Georgia in two weeks to visit our daughter and interspersed with this are visions of which fabric to take and what templates to pack!!! What's with THAT????
I some times do this, only with me I think it is because I don't get to feed my addiction enough. I work full time and I am up at 5AM off to work, don't get home until 6PM, then by the time supper & dishes are done it is usually 7:30 PM....to tired then to even think about quilting and I am off to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 PM.

So you see weekends are my only time....so by the time the weekend comes I can hardly wait.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
It is now 6:13 a.m. and I've been awake for an hour and a half figuring out what colors to make my next quilt and what pattern to use. I keep putting fabric concoctions together and there isn't even any fabric in front of or near me? Am I nuts or do I have companions out there? We are going to Georgia in two weeks to visit our daughter and interspersed with this are visions of which fabric to take and what templates to pack!!! What's with THAT????
Well, last night I had it too. Only I was rearranging the back bedroom/guestroom/auxiliary sewing room to make it into a quilting room for the new to me long arm machine I ordered. I was moving furniture everywhere (in my mind). Got up this morning and everything still looks the same. I was even laying there practicing (in my mind) how to use it. I was watching You Tube videos of long arm quilting before I went to sleep. You are not alone...believe me.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:13 AM

I go to sleep thinking about quilts, dream about them while sleeping and thinking about them when I wake up. You are in good company
Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 AM

I come up with some of my best ideas when I'm sleeping.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 AM

No, you are not alone. I've had dreams about quilting, and sometimes lay in bed before going to sleep and think about future projects or something I'm working on. Same thing for some mornings, after waking but before getting up, about how to organize my shop to get the best use of space. (I'm currently moving it to a bigger room in my house) Sometimes it's consuming, but hey, that's what works out all the bugs before I actually have my hands in it. If I can make it in my mind, I can do it for real...