Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting Insomnia

It is now 6:13 a.m. and I've been awake for an hour and a half figuring out what colors to make my next quilt and what pattern to use. I keep putting fabric concoctions together and there isn't even any fabric in front of or near me? Am I nuts or do I have companions out there? We are going to Georgia in two weeks to visit our daughter and interspersed with this are visions of which fabric to take and what templates to pack!!! What's with THAT????

The brighter, fuller moon!

Blog Entries
    Im with you. It can be a sickness sometimes. find myself waking up in the middle of the night with quilting going on in my head. I can hear my sewing machine calling me

I have 2 projects to start and they are all I can think about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wvhill22
    Im with you. It can be a sickness sometimes. find myself waking up in the middle of the night with quilting going on in my head. I can hear my sewing machine calling me
    Ditto!!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    That is why I get up a 6:30 every morning. I wake up thinking about quilts. I get most of my work done between 6:30am and 9am.
    So NO you are not alone.

Welcome to my world!

I worry about me when I don't wake up thinking about quilts.

We have quiltitis..

Blog Entries
    Iíve opened my eyes in the morning with new quilt ideas in mind. Ideas pop into my head throughout the day when I'm not trying to come up with anything. Guess itís the artist in us quilters :-P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolee
    It is now 6:13 a.m. and I've been awake for an hour and a half figuring out what colors to make my next quilt and what pattern to use. I keep putting fabric concoctions together and there isn't even any fabric in front of or near me? Am I nuts or do I have companions out there? We are going to Georgia in two weeks to visit our daughter and interspersed with this are visions of which fabric to take and what templates to pack!!! What's with THAT????
    I some times do this, only with me I think it is because I don't get to feed my addiction enough. I work full time and I am up at 5AM off to work, don't get home until 6PM, then by the time supper & dishes are done it is usually 7:30 PM....to tired then to even think about quilting and I am off to bed by 9:30 or 10:00 PM.

So you see weekends are my only time....so by the time the weekend comes I can hardly wait.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolee
    Well, last night I had it too. Only I was rearranging the back bedroom/guestroom/auxiliary sewing room to make it into a quilting room for the new to me long arm machine I ordered. I was moving furniture everywhere (in my mind). Got up this morning and everything still looks the same. I was even laying there practicing (in my mind) how to use it. I was watching You Tube videos of long arm quilting before I went to sleep. You are not alone...believe me.

Blog Entries
    I go to sleep thinking about quilts, dream about them while sleeping and thinking about them when I wake up. You are in good company

I come up with some of my best ideas when I'm sleeping.

Born Nashville, TN - currently in Newbern, TN
    No, you are not alone. I've had dreams about quilting, and sometimes lay in bed before going to sleep and think about future projects or something I'm working on. Same thing for some mornings, after waking but before getting up, about how to organize my shop to get the best use of space. (I'm currently moving it to a bigger room in my house) Sometimes it's consuming, but hey, that's what works out all the bugs before I actually have my hands in it. If I can make it in my mind, I can do it for real...