Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting klutz >

quilting klutz

quilting klutz

Old 04-19-2013, 03:25 PM

Oh, I do hope your finger is doing better! I just hope that doesn't happen to me because it must hurt!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

I did that when I first started sewing. I was 15 or 16, my Mom was at work and I remember panicking! I remember freezing my finger with an ice cube and getting my sister to pull it out of my left index finger. I became a nurse and I still sew! LOL, I still have flash backs when my fingers get to close! Lorraine
Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 PM

After an accident, I found a stiletto very helpful!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM

I read your post and then had to rub my finger, the one I sewed thru a couple of years ago... I had always believed that it was just a matter of time before I did it because I have had several close calls thru the years. Hopefully your tetanus shot was up to date AND you got all of the pieces of the needle out!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 PM

It is bound to happen to me yet. I noticed a roughness to my right middle fingernail last week. Took me a few minutes before I realized what it was. I have a needle mark not quite all the way through my nail and a scratch where I moved out of the way before it pierced my skin underneath the nail. Somehow I don't remember it exactly. I remember a pinch. Luckily no blood.
Sorry for your finger. Hope you heal soon.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 PM

OUCH! I hope it gets better soon!! These posts all brought back a memory from about 45 years ago, when I was in high school. My mom and I were both sewing and I got my finger under the needle. I very strongly shouted the "SH" word. (I grew up in a home where absolutely NO swearing was tolerated.) My precious mother very calmly looked over at me and quietly said, "Lin, is something wrong?". Didn't need a tetanus shot--I tended to stay current on those during my growing-up years.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM

Hope your finger is better by now.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 AM

I remember visiting my Grandmother at the Navy Tailor shop when I was little. I can't tell you how many she sewed her finger. I can remember wondering HOW in the world do she do that! Well many years later, I did it! Right thru the nail on my pointer finger. OMG! After I got over the intial shock of the pain, I laughed at myself and thought.... So that's how it happens! Sure do miss her!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
My husband works out of town all the time and I think if I sewed my finger I'd go into shock
One of my closest friends sewed through her finger on her longarm. She couldn't reach the power button or the handwheel, and her husband was puttering around in the garage, too far away to hear her yell. She was stuck there for quite a while before he finally found her.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:25 PM
yel

been sewing for years and years ...right through the fingernail a week ago