Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Quickly Magazine >

Quilting Quickly Magazine

Quilting Quickly Magazine

Old 02-22-2013, 06:03 AM

I had to order mine from MQ when I placed an order, because it wasn't available around here or even in the super WalMarts I checked in this area. I agree with Geri, there are losts of things about Fons and Porter. I hope Jenny does her own mag. and hasn't become affiliated with F&P. I have nothing against them, but I have found in their quilt mags. too mouch of it is in advertising at least in my opinion. I enjoy their TV program and have watched it a lot when I remember it is on. But I think every item I have checked with their name on it is way over priced in my opinion compared with the same type item from others. Just paying for their name I guess. I agree the price was too high, but I have enjoyed the mag. so far. I doubt if I will pay $9.95 again for one though.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl View Post
Bought mine at Kroger's, don't know if they have them in CA ? also saw it at Barnes & Noble, and maybe Hobby Lobby too ?
I think Ralph's is the Krogers affiliate in California.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM

Jennja,
I bought a pdf download of the magazine from the fons and porter website for $9.99. No shipping! No tax!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 AM

I got mine from Books A Million. Am looking forward to the next one.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:29 AM

I really enjoy the Love of quilting TV show. I subscribed to their magazine for years and enjoyed it too. When all the quilting magazine subscription prices kept climbing I decided to stop subscribing to all of them. Just lately I have noticed the prices going down and have thought of buying them again. All that being said, when I saw the $9.99 price my first thought was here we go, prices are going to climb. I think Fons & Porter positions themselves at the upper end of the market price wise, so when I see someone affiliated with them I automatically think they are going to be expensive.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 AM

how do you get the live chat with Jenny Doan?...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM

I'm with GeriB. F/P quilts are very nice and their show has viewer tips that are very helpful, but I'm not about to go out and buy every F/P gadget that they tell you is needed to do their quilts.Akk their tools that I look at are much more expensive than equivalent tools from other manufacturers. Also F/P products are never on sale at JoAnn, and I've seen coupons that say "exclude ... Fons & Porter products". I haven't got money to waste so I buy more affordable products. I've quit watching their shows. I get more down-to-earth info right here on this board and it costs me nothing. Besides, you're all just so dang nice!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM

I, too, would like to know how to get Jenny's live chat. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM

Many here have voiced the same concerns that I was thinking re the affiliation w/FP...it definitely hasits pros and cons. I just hope that MSQ keeps its "independence" and their hometown attitude. I personally think since Liz retired there has been quite a few changes.....some I like, some I wonder about. It will be interesting watching the future developments of Fons/Porter or should we say Fons/Fons.......
Old 02-22-2013, 09:04 AM

I bought mine from MSQ with an autograph by Jenny. I absolutely love the magazine and will most definitely buy the next one. I don't understand the apprehension about Fons and Porter. Yeah, they are giants in the quilting field, but so...