Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies >

Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

Old 11-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pzazz
I am SOOOOOOO loving this thread. It really is reassuring to know that I am not the only one with all these silly habits. And I will definitely be more than happy to join everyone in "The Twilight Home for Deranged Lady Quilters". Hmmmmm thinking back over this thread....is it just me? or are the men are being awfully quiet here?!?!?! :roll:
hey, the men are smart!
They never admit to anything! :lol:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

[quote=amma]
Originally Posted by k3n
I'm hoping when we're old and grey, we'll all end up in the same care home! What a hoot that will be! :lol:
When I read this I laughed out LOUD!!!!
I got this mental image of all of us board members in a home....shuffling around, fabric and strings clinging to our clothes and grey hair....going into each other's rooms in the morning, poking each other to get ourselves up and moving with pins and needles....Fat quarter someone says, another yells "Who Ya calling FAT????"....No, she said "Do you have a quarter!!"... "NO!!! I don't think the quarter is any fatter!!!!".....After a wonderful meal of oatmeal and prunes we all head to the sunroom, where we magically transform into youthful sewing demons!!! Fabric flying, machines humming, laughter and chatter filling the room, and one beautiful quilt after another being created.... When the lights blink off and on signaling bedtime....and it is time to retire for the night...we head to our rooms...leaving a trail of strings....snippets....and laughter and merriment....looking forward to the next day of....uh......hmmmmm..... OH YES!!!!..... of sewing.... 8) 8) :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

but, but, but...Amma...I would never get any sleep, unless I went to bed before all of you. I couldn't leave all that string, and all those lovely snippets laying in the floor to get trampled on. Waste not, want not!
I'd have to go around to each of you, and get you to fill my goodie bag, before retiring...yes...that's what I'd do! :D
Old 11-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by k3n
I'm hoping when we're old and grey, we'll all end up in the same care home! What a hoot that will be! :lol:
When I read this I laughed out LOUD!!!!
I got this mental image of all of us board members in a home....shuffling around, fabric and strings clinging to our clothes and grey hair....going into each other's rooms in the morning, poking each other to get ourselves up and moving with pins and needles....Fat quarter someone says, another yells "Who Ya calling FAT????"....No, she said "Do you have a quarter!!"... "NO!!! I don't think the quarter is any fatter!!!!".....After a wonderful meal of oatmeal and prunes we all head to the sunroom, where we magically transform into youthful sewing demons!!! Fabric flying, machines humming, laughter and chatter filling the room, and one beautiful quilt after another being created.... When the lights blink off and on signaling bedtime....and it is time to retire for the night...we head to our rooms...leaving a trail of strings....snippets....and laughter and merriment....looking forward to the next day of....uh......hmmmmm..... OH YES!!!!..... of sewing.... 8) 8) :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Yes.....where ARE the men in this conversation.....Maybe they do not have ANY Idiosyncrasies????? :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gosh, you make me look forward to getting old (older).
I hear ya screamin' gramy! :mrgreen:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
I guess these odd/strange mental visuals I get when I read some things....are just another one of my Idiosyncrasies LMBO
well, I dunno...me thinks to qualify as an idiosyncrasy, it has to be unusual,
and I think there are a lot of us that do this, 1,2,3,4.... :mrgreen:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I find that I use a variety of Quilting Analogies in my conversations. When I catch someone rolling their eyes, I state emphatically: ALL ROADS LEAD TO QUILTING, OR DIDN"T YOU KNOW THAT?

One of my speeches in a Public Speaking class (which I actually don't mind doing) was about a hobby. I took BIG scissors and scared the audience - hey - teacher said we needed an attention-getter. THat was revised after my presentation - and attacking the front row and trying to cut their ties off was not allowed. :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:
omg, Mad...you realize you make me say that a lot????? :lol:
I can just see you come to the lecturn with a huge pair of scissors,
and get an evil :twisted: grin and jump off podium,
advancing towards audience, holding both handles,
drooling and eyeballing neckties...ppl scattering and shrieking...
men p-ing their pants!
thinking that you were lusting after their jugulars :shock: like a quilting were-woman! :roll: :lol:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
I want a room also ! Count me in ... And as for visition from 9-5 I think that is a bit much, don't you :twisted: hey that would cut into our quilting time :shock: And besides we see them now a lot... do we really need to see family that much when we are in our special place ???

And the slippers, can you see us all walking around with different ones ? as they get pushed across the floor from kicking them off when we are sewing . Hey Amma is that my pink slipper you are wearing ? LOL
oh, dear, oh dear,...mousie will have to put double sided tape on bottom of paws, so her slippers won't get all mixed up with the masses!
can't be running around mismatched :shock:
(oh dear, oh dear...little white headed mouse...in her little red robe and teeny tiny red slippers...don't want huge mudstompers stretching my babies out :roll: )
Old 11-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by renee765
Please put my name on the reservation list, too. I'll be happy to send in a deposit to hold my room.

Renee
Renee, since we're talking old age...um, that deposit?
is that money, or did doc order a specimen?
I don't do deliveries, btw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM

This is so funny, glad my dd isnt home to ask if I'm ok because I'm laughing out-loud so hard. I do so many of these, used to be a listmaker but got over that. Why do we (women) have to confess our silly things to others that we swear we'll NEVER tell anyone.

I want a room too, but I snore so who-ever my roomie is must either snore too or wear earplugs.... :lol:
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pam G
This is so funny, glad my dd isnt home to ask if I'm ok because I'm laughing out-loud so hard. I do so many of these, used to be a listmaker but got over that. Why do we (women) have to confess our silly things to others that we swear we'll NEVER tell anyone.

I want a room too, but I snore so who-ever my roomie is must either snore too or wear earplugs.... :lol:
My hubby IS home and looking at me with a "what?!?!?" as I sit here with tears rolling down my cheeks. Mousie...thank you for a wonderful start to my day.

Patti
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 AM

Pam G - I'm a snorer too, so we should be roomies. Just pity the people in the next room!

Renee