Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies >

Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

Quilting/Sewing Idiosyncrasies

Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Oh Mousie (((HUGS))) I can appreciate your need for tidiness and order...but I would be afraid to sew, cut or play with fabric for fear of making a mess... I am not a total slob, but I do occasionally do the Eleanor Burns throw it over my shoulder thing....just because I can :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
I do admittedly have to hunt for some things in a pile here or there...but I usually know just which one it is in...
I do wish at times that I knew where my fabric came from...how much it cost...why I bought it???? So I see value in your cataloging 8) 8) 8)
I love how we all have our differences and sameness's :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So the Mad woman in the attic and the crazy lady in the dungeon...pleased to meet you!!! I am the eccentric ol' lady upstairs 8) 8) 8)

When the gas tank gets low...I start talking low and sweet to my darlin'...come on baby....you can make it...I know you can...all the while patting her on the dashboard :roll: AND do I care about the stares I get at the stop lights???? :roll: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Thank you all for the biggest laugh of my day! I just read through the whole thread and have done all of these things and more --

the bobbins . . . the gas tank . . . tried all different ways to handle those

of course it's CDO instead of OCD (alphabetical is perfectly logical)

I ALWAYS exhale when getting on the scale. Sure it helps. Doesn't it?? Doesn't it?????

And mousie, I think we may be twins separated at birth.

But the hubby numbering the socks thing really takes the cake! Why didn't I think of that sooner!?!

Whew, perhaps I lost a few ounces in belly laughter. Better go check the scale . . . EXHALE!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Anything to help take off an ounce or two here and there!!! :wink: 8)

I wish laughing at myself would take more than an ounce or two off!!! As often as I do it...I should be up to a pound or two atleast!!! :roll: :mrgreen:
I wonder if I should keep a list of my blunders??? I could keep ya'll in stitches for quite a while and the ounces rolling off :wink: :lol: :lol: Kinda like that commercial where the hip, stomach fat falls off on the floor in the produce section of the store? :D :D :D

Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
So the Mad woman in the attic and the crazy lady in the dungeon...pleased to meet you!!! I am the eccentric ol' lady upstairs 8) 8) 8)
I'm hoping when we're old and grey, we'll all end up in the same care home! What a hoot that will be! :lol:
Old 11-13-2009, 03:36 AM

I have a very mean machine. Dummy (as I call her) stops cold when the bobbin is down to about the last three inches of thread and some times that is all the is needed to finish. :cry: And when this gal says bobbin needs to be refilled there is no pushing a button to finish that last little bit. lol that is how she got her name.Seems to me there should at least be a warning beep or something.

Love all these stories. Can remember being in same situation.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:09 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I got another weird thing - I'm usually hopping around in one slipper - I take the right one off to use the pedal! :mrgreen:
Old 11-13-2009, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I'm hoping when we're old and grey, we'll all end up in the same care home! What a hoot that will be! :lol:
I wanna come so we can share stories and FABRIC :lol: I'm the little ole lady in the garage.(A very nice remodeled garage) One time we thought about putting our house on the market and DH said we'd have to tear out the sewing studio and make it a garage again. You'd have thought he said he was going to shoot one of our kids.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
Originally Posted by k3n
I wanna come so we can share stories and FABRIC :lol: I'm the little ole lady in the garage.(A very nice remodeled garage) One time we thought about putting our house on the market and DH said we'd have to tear out the sewing studio and make it a garage again. You'd have thought he said he was going to shoot one of our kids.
:shock: what he said was FAR worse! :lol:

OK - we'll put you in the garage, with an interconnecting door, how's that? :D

We'll call it the Twilight Home for Deranged Lady Quilters - visiting hours 9 to 5, an FQ guarantees admission. :mrgreen:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:17 AM

I am SOOOOOOO loving this thread. It really is reassuring to know that I am not the only one with all these silly habits. And I will definitely be more than happy to join everyone in "The Twilight Home for Deranged Lady Quilters". Hmmmmm thinking back over this thread....is it just me? or are the men are being awfully quiet here?!?!?! :roll:
Old 11-13-2009, 06:06 AM

Pzazz, Now that you mention it, the guys are rather quiet! Hmmmm.....

Reserve a room for me at The Twilight Home for Deranged Lady Quilters. I can't think of a better bunch of folks to go quilting into the sunset with!