Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilting suggestions needed for my boot block, please

Hi Klue,

Bear with me here, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to machine quilting. All I've ever done really is SITD. Now, when you mention those three decorative stitches, where were you suggesting I use them?

The boots were fused with Pellon, probably a medium weight fusible. What do you mean about testing to see if the fusible "closes up" once it's stitched on? Should I quilt anymore on the boot, more than I already have? All I've done on the boots is go around each section of it with a straight stitch to secure it to the background after I fused it. I used a brown color on most of the boot and black on the sole and heel.

Thanks for the reminder to make some sample sandwiches, much appreciated.

Yes, I can do an echo stitch, did my first on a few months back - and that was my initial thought for what to do around the boots.

I got the quilt sandwich 3/4 of the way pin basted today before I ran out of pins. :( Will get some more on Tuesday.

Submission isn't until close to Sept. 7th, so I do have plenty of time, I hope.

Sometime tomorrow I'll be reformatting my computer, so I'll be offline for a couple of days. I'm on dial up, so getting back up to speed is painfully slow. I will check here tho before I start to see where we're at.

Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated. :)

Banned
    some fusible web doesn't close up when the needle penetrates it so you'll see tons of pin holes every where that you quilted but not to worry pellon is light weight enough that you can quilt thru it.

i would do echo stitching around the boots.

with the stitches make the test first and then you can pick out like 2 that you like for various sections of the quilt.

Thanks Klue,

Glad to know my fusible is okay to stitch on. I'm off to reformat my computer. See you afterwards, in a few days.

Banned
    i'll be here when you get back :D

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i'll be here when you get back :D
    Hi Klue,

I'm back, the reformat went fine. It's getting up to speed with additional program installs, etc. that takes the time.

I expect I won't be working on the boot block until early next week now, but wanted to let you know I was here. Will touch base with you when I'm "back in the saddle" again. :lol:

Banned
    excellent, i'm glad things are going well - you don't want to lose internet and the forum :shock:

just a heads up, there's a new Round Robin stating in Oct but you have to sign up by mid Aug.

you should check out the thread and if you're not drowning in projects you might want to join.

you make a center block 24 inches or less and then we mail are block out to other people.

its 6 rounds so in each round someone else is working on your quilt and you're working on theirs.

this is my first time doing it and it sounds like so much fun.

i'm doing 2 centers one for international and one for US.

excellent, i'm glad things are going well - you don't want to lose internet and the forum :shock:

just a heads up, there's a new Round Robin stating in Oct but you have to sign up by mid Aug.

you should check out the thread and if you're not drowning in projects you might want to join.

you make a center block 24 inches or less and then we mail are block out to other people.

its 6 rounds so in each round someone else is working on your quilt and you're working on theirs.

this is my first time doing it and it sounds like so much fun.

i'm doing 2 centers one for international and one for US.
    Hi Klue,

Thanks SO much for the kind invite to your upcoming Round Robin, but alas, I am literally drowning in a sea of must dos. In fact, I've already decided not to re-up for the new year of Moda U classes - just TOO much on my plate currently. Gee, wonder how THAT happened?!

Banned
    quilters always seem to be drowning in projects in various states and forget about the list of quilts we'd like to make one day.

quilters always seem to be drowning in projects in various states and forget about the list of quilts we'd like to make one day.
    I'm guessing that might have something to do with us being such a kind hearted bunch of folks, always willing to do something for someone else. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2