Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting in the summertime >

Quilting in the summertime

Quilting in the summertime

Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 PM

I am looking at the places you all live and can tell about your answers. I lived in Washington state, no a/c but who needed it for two months out of the year. Oregon, got it too. Funny how weather effects us all differently. I love the asnwers we are getting. Such a diverse board. Gotta love us all.♥♥
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 AM

I never, never, never quit quilting....LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 03:26 AM

me either deebooper love my quilts
Old 06-29-2011, 03:45 AM

I am chucklingaway at your comment!!
Our Christmas is the hottest time of the year and when, through no fault of mine, most quilting has to be done!!
Try as I might I seem to do more around December January than any other time and summer n Australia is no joke!!
Heather
Old 06-29-2011, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat
I think it is about 113 degrees here today. I can only exist with air conditioning and ceiling fans. Gardening in this??? not much, and if I do it is at 6 a.m. Quilting? absolutely, because it is too hot to do much else.

During the cooler months I am more active outside the home. Just not now.

ali
Same here Ali. Feed the animals, pick the garden, such as it is, and try to stay in where it's air conditioned the rest of the day. So blazing hot here! Looking forward to October when it finally cools off.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 AM

I packed a project box I can take in my bag to the hospital next week so I will be quilting there too. Hope to see how many nursing staff are quilters. That should occupy my "bed" time. ♥♥
Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I packed a project box I can take in my bag to the hospital next week so I will be quilting there too. Hope to see how many nursing staff are quilters. That should occupy my "bed" time. ♥♥
Debbie don't know what kind of surgery you're having but I know when I had my list of surgeries the kids kept hitting the pain med pump every time I complained about the sheets not being straight. Wonder what the blocks for a quilt would have looked like after a few shots of "shut Mama up medicine". I think you should take pics of your handiwork and post before and after. :)
God bless you dear lady and may the LORD send His angels before you to prepare the way for all to go smoothly.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:02 AM

Thank you. Skull base surgery....long story but I am totally ok with it now. SO funny about the "Shut momma up" pain meds. My last surgery...and some know about it, I had so many right after my surgery in ICU telling the nurse I hurt, they over medicated me and I was soooooo out of it they thought I was having major problems. Funny now...not so much then. HUGS♥♥ Thanks fro the prayers I cn use them but all will be fine. Been there done that. Let's see, I was dancing in my bed on day 3. Literally.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:17 AM

A good time to quilt in the summer is when it's raining and almost too cool to go out. When the central air is not on, I open the windows and let the room fill with air so even the warmest rooms are comforatble. But the best time to sew is at night when the house is quiet.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 AM

My space is in the basement. When its hot outside the AC means I dress for cold in the basement. I have to go out side to warm my ankles. Poor circulation design in the heating system.
MK