Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting supplies from Lowe's! >

quilting supplies from Lowe's!

quilting supplies from Lowe's!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Sounds like all of you need to check out my favorite blog! http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/ Check out the 'Tool Time Tuesday'! She uses all sorts of things she scouts out in the hardware store for craft and sewing projects. I just wish I had HALF her imagination!

PS I love this canvas idea! I think i will be making grocery totes. I sure don't like those cheap thin ones. I used 'em, but I'm gonna replace them!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the great tip, I guess I'll have to order it online, since the closest Lowe's is 100 miles away and I don't have any plans on making that trip.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
Thanks for the great tip, I guess I'll have to order it online, since the closest Lowe's is 100 miles away and I don't have any plans on making that trip.
might just as well order online, they are the same price! and NO hassle of crowds, etc...
Old 11-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Thank you so much for the heads up on this!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

I bet they would make nice covers to hide the stuff under my sewing room tables. If anyone wants curtains to cover your fabric from sun damage, I bet the canvas would work well. I'm thinking they would make great covers for pet beds too. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I bet they would make nice covers to hide the stuff under my sewing room tables. If anyone wants curtains to cover your fabric from sun damage, I bet the canvas would work well. I'm thinking they would make great covers for pet beds too. Thanks for the info!
OOOOHHH..Pet bed covers...that adds another to my list..ehhehe

thinking of making NEW show table covers as well!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Great ideas! I spend quite a lot of time at Home Depot, Lowes and Ace Hardware. My husband is a sawyer and a builder. I love looking at everything in there, have my own tool box and will now add fabric to the things I buy there.

Life is great!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by soccertxi View Post
Sounds like all of you need to check out my favorite blog! http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/ Check out the 'Tool Time Tuesday'! She uses all sorts of things she scouts out in the hardware store for craft and sewing projects. I just wish I had HALF her imagination!

PS I love this canvas idea! I think i will be making grocery totes. I sure don't like those cheap thin ones. I used 'em, but I'm gonna replace them!
Thank you so very much for sharing this blog with me. Although I did just use up two hours reading it when I could have been quilting.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 PM

Thanks for the info Jacqui - I already had plans to make a newer bigger ironing surface- was gonna buy some canvas!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:35 AM

Who would have thought to check there........ Guess I will have to be on the watch from now on. thanks for the tip. Canvas is good for many projects.