Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting thread in Janome machines >

Quilting thread in Janome machines

Quilting thread in Janome machines

Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM

I have a 7700 and have never had a problem with any thread.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by vwquilting View Post
I have a 6600p and I use all kinds of thread in the machine it works fine. I am contemplating purchasing a Janome 11000. I wish I had purchased it as I will not need the 660P:. I got a price from where I purchased my 6600P for 3,500 for the 11000P On ebay they are 4-5,000. This is a new machine from my dealer in NH.
Pity I'm in the UK, or I'd buy your 6600 like a shot!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by jgriinke View Post
I have a Jamone 9000 and 10000 and have used King Tut in both with no problems.
Do you just have the tension too tight?
Have tried 0-9 on the tension!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM

I have a 10 year old Janome 10000, and she doesn't have a problem with any brand or weight thread. I am wondering if the quilting thread your machine had issues with was "waxed". I have a spool of yli quilting thread that is "glazed", I use that only for hand quilting on a whole cloth quilt.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Is your NH dealer "Bittersweet" in Boscawen? I miss everyone there, best Janome machine - knowledgeable people.I miss them, would travel the 8+ hours to buy my next Janome from them. If they are your dealer, when you stop by tell them that Jack Mac's friends from the NWTF says hi from Delaware.

Originally Posted by vwquilting View Post
I have a 6600p and I use all kinds of thread in the machine it works fine. I am contemplating purchasing a Janome 11000. I wish I had purchased it as I will not need the 660P:. I got a price from where I purchased my 6600P for 3,500 for the 11000P On ebay they are 4-5,000. This is a new machine from my dealer in NH.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 AM

I’ve had a response from Janome UK to my query over what my dealer said about not using machine quilting threads:

"You should be able to use any thread on virtually any machine adjusting the thread tension accordingly if required although you may get different results with various thread".

Interesting – last time I went to them to complain about this problem on my machine, I was recommended to stick with fine thread, and they sent me some embroidery thread as samples of what would be best to use.

I've made contact with another dealer, about 50 miles away, and am going to see him on Monday, to try the Horizon, and he's also going to take a look at my lemon, aka 4800.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 AM

I've got a 6600P and a 200E embroidery machine. The only thread I've ever had issue with are those pesky metallics, but after a needle change and tension adjustment, I got it working fine. Lint is the root of all evil, so hopefully having your machine serviced will do the trick. Or better yet, trade it in for a 7700 : )
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 AM

I have a MC6600P and I use any kind of thread I choose. I just have to adjust the tension accordingly. I have another confession to make about this work horse. I have NEVER had it serviced. I clean it well myself and keep it oiled and greased every 6 months. I have had it for 5 years now, I think. Until recently I did almost all of my sewing on it.