Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting-Warehouse.com >

Quilting-Warehouse.com

Quilting-Warehouse.com

Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Administrator

let's be careful to not turn this into an argument, please. :thumbup:

please let us know what happened once you have all the facts and figured out what needed to be done.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

You don't have to worry. Paypal covers your purchases.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 PM

I recently had a problem with paypal. Someone somehow got my account info and made a purchase. I spent an hour trying to contact paypal. Their choices for dispute were extremely limited and none were for problems with them. When I was unable to contact them I immediately closed my account and will never re-open one again. I had to dispute the purchase through my credit card company. It was quite the headache! From now on I deal directly with a company I'm doing business with.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:50 PM

I use paypal several times a week and sometimes get those warnings about my account being breached etc. I delete them right away because I know there are people who scan for these purchases and try to trick you. Paypal does not call or send emails such as this. Amandasmom I hope you get your product and find this is all a mistake. Like PatriceK I would like to know so I don't make a mistake and so the same. Thanks for the post and sharing your experiences.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:59 PM

Thats funny. I was on the phone last night for an hour with ebay...half of it was waiting time. Two emails said you must pay now...or something like that. each was sent exactly one hour apart. ebay couldn't get it straight. I told them GOODNIGHT! This morning a note from seller "your purchase is on the way." I knew that I had paid just two minutes after I bought it.
I don't know what the automatic notices were about but I knew that I had paid. And it is coming from the UK.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 AM

Haven't heard anything yet.....I DO know the phone # of the letter was the same the web site has......we'll just wait and see.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 AM

We're waiting with ya Dee. :wink:
I had paypal send me an email notice to contact them a couple of months ago about my account needing updated. I was curious since I had not used it in months.
The email asked for my SSN and other info. :shock: Uh NO!!!! Noone needs that online or over the phone.
I went to paypals website and logged in and for some reason I was blocked. (acted like my password/user name was incorrect) I had to have paypal email me so I could reset my password/ user name and have not heard a word since.
I think that someone had tried to hack into my account and couldn't get in and after trying so many times Paypal requires that you reset everything from your email address.
So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. :wink: :lol: :wink:
Faith :lol:
:XD:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Okay - I finally wised up and sent them a reply to THEIR e-mail....I got a response!!!! Here it is:

Hello,

This email is to confirm that I have taken care of the issue on your order. PayPal orders were not processing at one point this weekend, so I have manually charged the account, and your order is now being processed.

Here’s the Transaction Information regarding the PayPal charge:

and signed.

I know I tend to worry -- and I'm impatient...but I feel SO much better having this cleared up...

d
Old 09-14-2010, 10:06 AM

Hopefully, this is taken care of but you just CAN'T be too careful these days. I would have been concerned, too.

We recently had to have our bank ATM cards cancelled and reissued because someone got our numbers and made a purchase (thank goodness it was a small one) and we had to file a dispute at the bank and let them investigate it. It turned out this was a bogus company and the money was put back in our account. That's why I check my bank transactions online at least twice a week :)
Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 AM

Cool, glad they straightened it out. Now take a deep cleansing breath.......
Don't forget to exhale though.. :wink: