Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting-Warehouse.com

Anyone ordered from them? I placed an order yesterday (Sunday) and paid with PayPal. PayPal took the money out of my account. I got an e-mail almost immediately that said they'd received my order, "but have encountered a problem validating your information." and I was to call within 48 hours - that it is "imperative that you contact us within 48 business hours to resolve this issue.......okay -- I called 4 times today and left 2 messages. They SAY their hours are 9-4 PST....so they're open. But NO call-backs! And some companies wonder why they are out of business!!!!

I am sorry for this problem you are having. I rather buy from Connecting Threads. They are reliable and their fabrics are wonderful.

I've ordered from them a couple of times and never had to call, something smells fishy. good luck, hope all turns out well.

Blog Entries
    I've ordered from them several times and never had this happen. Are you sure the number you are calling is actually the company's number and not a phishing scheme?

The only other thing I can think of is, does your PayPal have a "confirmed address" for you? Some companies will not ship to unconfirmed PayPal addresses.

You can get their attention by telling PayPal. They won't put up with this kind of behavior by a company, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Anyone ordered from them? I placed an order yesterday (Sunday) and paid with PayPal. PayPal took the money out of my account. I got an e-mail almost immediately that said they'd received my order, "but have encountered a problem validating your information." and I was to call within 48 hours - that it is "imperative that you contact us within 48 business hours to resolve this issue.......okay -- I called 4 times today and left 2 messages. They SAY their hours are 9-4 PST....so they're open. But NO call-backs! And some companies wonder why they are out of business!!!!
    Was the email from quilting warehouse or paypal? If it is from paypal something is definitely fishy!!

They generally call in the early evenings when business is slow. I've had no problems ordering from them. Give them a chance as all businesses do not have people on phone lines 24/7. In fact many don't answer the phone but do call backs now even tho they tell you the hours they are open.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid

Was the email from quilting warehouse or paypal? If it is from paypal something is definitely fishy!!

Paypal ALWAYS sends you almost immediate notice that your payment to so and so has been made. This is normal practice.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhughson
    You can get their attention by telling PayPal. They won't put up with this kind of behavior by a company, I bet.

Good Grief....give the business a chance before you start getting all upset for quite possibly nothing.

1) It was the company, not PayPal
    2) Money HAS been taken from my bank account - not just a confirmation letter
    3) Odd a company would call in the evening when they say their hours are 9-4. AND the said it was IMPERITIVE that I call ASAP. Why do they even bother putting their business hours. And a GOOD business person would say they have busy times and will call back - possibly in the evenings.
    4)I will give them the 48 hours -- they don't call me, I'll be contacting PayPal. NO business should put out that kind of letter unless they have someone to answer the phone. I have done lots of online business and used PayPal without these kind of letters...I have no doubt it will be settled right. Whether I get my products or get my money back, I don't care...It WILL be settled right.

Blog Entries
    let's be careful to not turn this into an argument, please. :thumbup:

please let us know what happened once you have all the facts and figured out what needed to be done.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    You don't have to worry. Paypal covers your purchases.

I recently had a problem with paypal. Someone somehow got my account info and made a purchase. I spent an hour trying to contact paypal. Their choices for dispute were extremely limited and none were for problems with them. When I was unable to contact them I immediately closed my account and will never re-open one again. I had to dispute the purchase through my credit card company. It was quite the headache! From now on I deal directly with a company I'm doing business with.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I use paypal several times a week and sometimes get those warnings about my account being breached etc. I delete them right away because I know there are people who scan for these purchases and try to trick you. Paypal does not call or send emails such as this. Amandasmom I hope you get your product and find this is all a mistake. Like PatriceK I would like to know so I don't make a mistake and so the same. Thanks for the post and sharing your experiences.

Blog Entries
    Thats funny. I was on the phone last night for an hour with ebay...half of it was waiting time. Two emails said you must pay now...or something like that. each was sent exactly one hour apart. ebay couldn't get it straight. I told them GOODNIGHT! This morning a note from seller "your purchase is on the way." I knew that I had paid just two minutes after I bought it.
    I don't know what the automatic notices were about but I knew that I had paid. And it is coming from the UK.

Haven't heard anything yet.....I DO know the phone # of the letter was the same the web site has......we'll just wait and see.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    We're waiting with ya Dee. :wink:
    I had paypal send me an email notice to contact them a couple of months ago about my account needing updated. I was curious since I had not used it in months.
    The email asked for my SSN and other info. :shock: Uh NO!!!! Noone needs that online or over the phone.
    I went to paypals website and logged in and for some reason I was blocked. (acted like my password/user name was incorrect) I had to have paypal email me so I could reset my password/ user name and have not heard a word since.
    I think that someone had tried to hack into my account and couldn't get in and after trying so many times Paypal requires that you reset everything from your email address.
    So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. :wink: :lol: :wink:
    Faith :lol:
    :XD:

Okay - I finally wised up and sent them a reply to THEIR e-mail....I got a response!!!! Here it is:

Hello,

This email is to confirm that I have taken care of the issue on your order. PayPal orders were not processing at one point this weekend, so I have manually charged the account, and your order is now being processed.

Here’s the Transaction Information regarding the PayPal charge:

and signed.

I know I tend to worry -- and I'm impatient...but I feel SO much better having this cleared up...

d

Hopefully, this is taken care of but you just CAN'T be too careful these days. I would have been concerned, too.

We recently had to have our bank ATM cards cancelled and reissued because someone got our numbers and made a purchase (thank goodness it was a small one) and we had to file a dispute at the bank and let them investigate it. It turned out this was a bogus company and the money was put back in our account. That's why I check my bank transactions online at least twice a week :)

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Cool, glad they straightened it out. Now take a deep cleansing breath.......
    Don't forget to exhale though.. :wink:

I am very happy you got this straightened out. However in the future before you jump the gun and blame the company it might be more helpful to just be a bit more fair to give them time to answer your concerns.

Quilter-Warehouse does not work on weekends. They are a division of Beverly's Fabrics which has been in operation since 1968. I doubt very much they would be involved in the sewing and craft world that long if they were horrible people with poor customer service.

Paypal has always popped up with problems here and there and people have always tried to jam up that service. Anyone that has done business with them for years knows this and I'm sure has received fake spam from people trying to hijack their accounts.

My point is that all of us need to be careful placing blame on any business before we have the facts before us. It serves no purpose to work ourselves and others up when we don't even know what is truly going on. We must also remember we may be one of hundreds before us trying to clarify our orders or concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker
    I am very happy you got this straightened out. However in the future before you jump the gun and blame the company it might be more helpful to just be a bit more fair to give them time to answer your concerns.

Quilter-Warehouse does not work on weekends. They are a division of Beverly's Fabrics which has been in operation since 1968. I doubt very much they would be involved in the sewing and craft world that long if they were horrible people with poor customer service.

Paypal has always popped up with problems here and there and people have always tried to jam up that service. Anyone that has done business with them for years knows this and I'm sure has received fake spam from people trying to hijack their accounts.

My point is that all of us need to be careful placing blame on any business before we have the facts before us. It serves no purpose to work ourselves and others up when we don't even know what is truly going on. We must also remember we may be one of hundreds before us trying to clarify our orders or concerns.
    You continually try to discipline me...makes me think you work for the company. I totally understand it was PayPal's fault...MY fault is with a company that sends out a worrisome letter and then fails to respond when i respond immediately. If they had an overabundance of phone calls, they could have changed their voicemail to say exactly that...or explain what the problem was. To me, the company is still at fault. PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker

You continually try to discipline me...makes me think you work for the company. I totally understand it was PayPal's fault...MY fault is with a company that sends out a worrisome letter and then fails to respond when i respond immediately. If they had an overabundance of phone calls, they could have changed their voicemail to say exactly that...or explain what the problem was. To me, the company is still at fault. PERIOD

Sorry, you feel I am trying to discipline you. That is not the case nor do I work for the company or any company for that matter.

My concern is how easy is seems for people to come out and bash a company before all the facts are found out. In your particular situation it seems you jumped the gun and things outside quilting-warehouse's control prompted the email about paypal. To believe you have a right to an immediate response from them when most of those type emails are computer generated when a problem arises is setting yourself up for a disappointment. It is the same thing as when we receive an automatic response that our orders have been received.

Regardless of whom was at fault is not the issue. In my own humble opinion disparaging a business before all the facts are known is just wrong and if that offends you I am sorry.

Blog Entries
    Let me start by saying that I am thrilled it has all worked out and you know know what the problem was/is :lol:

We could spend hours/days/weeks/months/years placing blame and pointing fingers , but in the end all that matters is that it is fixed , so no sense getting all worked up over it .

Lets get back to the fun things in life ! Quilting :thumbup: