Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making? >

Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making?

Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making?

Old 06-14-2014, 05:56 AM

It is raining here today also. We have friends coming for supper tonight, so I must do some shopping and get my house cleaned, but I have until 7pm and hope to also get a little quilting done before everyone arrives.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 AM

Oh dear... I'd better get to work... it is after 9am here... beautiful day... but I'm headed back inside after two cups of coffee on the patio... Happy day!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:14 AM

I agree with the "someday when I retire" sounding so good when you're working. However you will quickly fill up those hours and need more time anyway. The days go so quickly once you're home all the time and some days you wonder how you got it all done when you worked full time. But I enjoy my time and do whatever I like. I sat all day Thursday with some crocheting and watched TV and didn't feel a bit guilty. It wasn't raining either! Enjoy the season of life you're in at the moment, it all goes so fast! Have a great quilting day!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:55 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479065[/ATTACH]
FMQ'ing done...now just to bind. I just may get this done before 1:30 pm when we need to leave...off to shower, get dress and then cut the bindning strips and sew them on. With any luck it will go into the washer today.
Attached Thumbnails photo-9.jpg  
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 AM

It's looking good, Carol. You'll get it done today.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:37 AM

I really like your quilt, Carol! I plan to do some quilting today, too. My sister is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and she will be here for her birthday so what better gift to give her than a quilt! I have been meaning to make her one for the past 3 years but this just gives me the push I need. I almost have the top pieced, just have the borders to put on.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:55 AM

It's cool,windy,rainy here. The 2 grands( 6 and 10) are coming,so we'll be busy. I have a box of scraps and my handcrank SM at the ready for the younger one. The 10 yr old will breaking pot holders for Christmas presents,and learning how to cook dinner. Fun!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 AM

I am going to try to finish my babies teachers project
Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM

Default Me too!

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I am going to work on my never ending quilt and try and finish it. I have it half done. I know why I like the simple meandering...its simple and quick...no stopping. I decided to do more of a design on this one that I am doing...I am beginnning to wonder why...it will look good but its really slowing my down. I have another one also ready to FMQ, so will keep that one simple...for ones for me or a very special reason I will do the fancy designs but think that the simple designs will be more in my future...I like to just get it done...I have too much fabric and too many quilts that need to be made to get fancy ; ) Maybe someday when I retire...when working full time and trying to be a quilter just not enough time. So when people ask why there are so many simplier quilts out there being made...its so we have time to do a few. ; )
I am just getting an idea for my neighbors quilt, nice and simple. Black, white, punch of red, just using fat quarters.
I am going to try doing this one in sections without the backing to start with, as she wants king bedspread size, and I don't want to quilt that on the home machine. I have done reg. king size, and it trys my patience. Then when I put backing one, then I will do simple lines on home machine. I don't make fancy, as the ones I make go on beds.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:23 AM

Sunny and cool here today. DH just went to get some covered plywood and is going to make me a cutting, pinning table. Will set it up temporarily and repin a top that came out wonky. Need to quilt it. It is a panel that has a deer on it. I want to send it to my brother in NJ. He hit a deer 70 miles from home in Penn when coming to my retirement party in northern Mi: went home and switched cars and still came.