Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Return Accufeed foot to the shop? >

Return Accufeed foot to the shop?

Return Accufeed foot to the shop?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 AM

Well,how much time did you take to learn how to use it?Things don't just magically work,you have to learn.I'm sure you will love it once you get the hang of it.But,by all means return it if you don't have the patience to work with it.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:33 AM

If you truly don't like it , return it. I doubt you would cause a problem with the store.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
..........In regard to the regular 1/4-inch foot, check to see whether it's an O or an O2.
new machines should be shipping with the O2, which is the slightly modified and newer version.........
Clarification ... RE the O/O2 feet, you are referring to the the regular 1/4" and not the AccuFeed 1/4". Yes? No?

***Now I have visions of Janome owners everywhere scampering away to check which they have!***
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 AM

I own the 6600 and bought the O2 foot and use it exclusively instead of the one that came with machine. It goes over seams very smoothly.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM

I would take it back with the machine and show them what it is doing. What a pain for you!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
I purchased a Janome 6600 earlier this year and I like it, but I'm having trouble with it not sewing easily over seams and wanting to kick the fabric over to the left as I get to the end of a seam. Did a little reading & decided the special accufeed quarter inch foot would solve my problems. So, I called the local shop. They were having a sale and offerred to hold the foot for me and still give me the 20% discount this week even though the sale would be over. Well, I picked it up this morning and tried it, and I hate it. It's big & clunky and wobbly and there's no way I'll ever use it. Would it be tacky of me to return it, or try to? Really, I might as well have thrown the money out the window. This was the first time I've been to this shop & the ladies who work there were very nice & I'd hate to spoil my relationship with them. So should I write it off as a mistake, or return it? Thanks!
Definately return it. You need to be happy and I believe they will understand that.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM

I would bring the machine and the foot back and see if there is not another problem...
Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM

I also have the 6600 and it came with the AccuFeed 1/4" foot and couple of others as a promotional deal. I don't like the foot for piecing either. Clunky describes it perfectly. I use the regular 1/4" foot with the quide. I think the AccuFeed foot is designed to keep the fabric and batting feeding evenly. It works better with several thicknesses of fabric. About the only thing the AccuFeed 1/4" foot is good for is sewing binding on the quilt before you turn it and handstitch. If you just purchased the foot, I would say take it back and tell the dealer that it doesn't work for you.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:54 AM

Thanks again for all your comments. If things go according to plan today, I'm going to spend some more time with the new foot and see how it goes. Isn't it funny how some love this foot & others don't at all?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
I purchased a Janome 6600 earlier this year and I like it, but I'm having trouble with it not sewing easily over seams and wanting to kick the fabric over to the left as I get to the end of a seam. Did a little reading & decided the special accufeed quarter inch foot would solve my problems. So, I called the local shop. They were having a sale and offerred to hold the foot for me and still give me the 20% discount this week even though the sale would be over. Well, I picked it up this morning and tried it, and I hate it. It's big & clunky and wobbly and there's no way I'll ever use it. Would it be tacky of me to return it, or try to? Really, I might as well have thrown the money out the window. This was the first time I've been to this shop & the ladies who work there were very nice & I'd hate to spoil my relationship with them. So should I write it off as a mistake, or return it? Thanks!
I've had the 6600 for 2 yrs and have no problems at all with my df feet ... use mine mostly for bindings and sewing thicker fabrics. I have used it to piece several flannel quilts.
You could have a Lemon ? ... and there shouldn't be a problem with your feed dogs but it could be ... ? I'd take machine & foot in and let them see it ...

Last edited by TexasGurl; 10-25-2012 at 07:47 AM.