Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Return Accufeed foot to the shop? >

Return Accufeed foot to the shop?

Return Accufeed foot to the shop?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
Thanks again for all your comments. If things go according to plan today, I'm going to spend some more time with the new foot and see how it goes. Isn't it funny how some love this foot & others don't at all?
I didn't say I didn't like the foot. I love it for sewing on binding. I don't think it is intended for piecing---No enough fabric thickness.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM

I'm writing this from the sewing room right now, using the Accufeed quarter inch foot. I can kind of see how people would like it. I'm having no problem going over thicknesses of fabric. However, if I lift my presser foot and insert my next piece, the quarter inch guide doesn't remain steady; it can shift over to the right, so unless I'm really careful I can have inconsistent seams. This doesn't happen with the regular Accufeed foot. It's rigid. So, I think this must be defective & I'll return it tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:35 AM

Return the foot if you really don't want it, but I'm thinking your feed dogs might be out of alignment. I had a similar problem last year with my Pfaff and once realigned by the service tech it sews perfectly again.

I've been spoiled by my Pfaff when it comes to the built in walking foot and I think, in ONLY that area, the Pfaff's have a FAR superior walking foot, and in fact, it can be used with MOST of the Pfaff feet...I know, that doesn't help make the Janome one any better.

I really dislike having to remove the regular shank to use the accufeed foot, then remove that to put the other one back on. IMHO, it should have been a snap-on foot like the rest of them! I agree, the Janome accufeed feet are very bulky, but then, the feed dogs are much wider in the Janome, which is a good thing, so guess there is no one machine that is perfect in every way.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I'm sorry you don't like the foot....I use mine all the time for piecing (have to position the needle at 53 and shorten stitch length to 25).....I don't understand how it can be wobbly?....is the screw tightened enough?.....did you bring the accufeed foot down into position?.....don't mean to sound like you don't know what you are doing, just mistakes that I have made before....if you really don't like it, I would try to take it back as they are pretty expensive to just sit in your tool drawer.
Thanks for this post! I used the accufeed foot yesterday and never gave a single thought to moving the needle position to get the 1/4" seam width! DUH! lol