Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotary Cutting Mat Recommendations >

Rotary Cutting Mat Recommendations

Rotary Cutting Mat Recommendations

Old 10-05-2018, 02:46 PM

I just bought a
Martelli rotating circular mat. I really like it. I also bought the rotary cutter that is recommended for that mat. I had to learn a bit with the cutter but not hard to learn or use. Much easier on my wrist. Love the mat, my other one was well used and somewhat warped. What a difference. Nice! Both were on sale online at JoAnn's. So the price was within my budget. Sweet!
Old 10-05-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
I just bought a
Martelli rotating circular mat. I really like it. I also bought the rotary cutter that is recommended for that mat. I had to learn a bit with the cutter but not hard to learn or use. Much easier on my wrist. Love the mat, my other one was well used and somewhat warped. What a difference. Nice! Both were on sale online at JoAnn's. So the price was within my budget. Sweet!

Hmmmmm. I looked at Joann's online and they carry only the Martelli rotary cutter. I just checked again and they still have only the cutter. I'll move from Connecticut to Utah if Joann's offers more in your neighborhood.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:13 AM

I bought a martelli mat and it was so much nicer than the fiskars/olfa I had used in the past. Not even a close comparison. That said, I wanted a mat to cover my entire cutting table so I got a custom cut Magic Mat and I really like it so far.

eta: I also have the martelli rotating mat mentioned above. I bought it from martelli during a 50% off sale. I like it so much I bought one for my sister during the next sale.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:20 PM

Back to report that the Matilda 15 inch rotating cutting mat arrived from Nancy's Notions. It spins very nicely on the ball bearings in the frame and it works great. It's a very stable mat. I would recommend the mat - probably in the same market niche as the Martelli mat.