Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009! Groups Assigned see page 8

Blog Entries
    I'm really excited to see all the rows that will be flying around! When I read the themes...its fun to think about how all that will be interpreted..and I bet that none of them will look like what I'm thinking they will.

Banned
    I plan on sewing from New Years Eve to Sunday night once all the kids have gone home. I have to get SazuBmidlands round robin center finished and do my rows for this robin and clean this house:) how come when we can't sew that's all we think about? oh well, we have the return 13 hour drive to do tonight to Holdredge NE. Mona asked me to clarify about the visions of sugar plums theme for mine. I'm thinking rows of candies like the ones in The Night Before Christmas. That's my favorite part:) I have a pattern for peppermint candy blocks that will be my first row.

I'm so excited for those of you involved in this row robin! I can hardly wait to see the progress of "the rows".
    PLEASE take and post pictures as you go as I'm sure sandpat and sulabug and I aren't the only ones anxious to see the beauties that you are creating.
    Happy New Year to all!

Well, I have gone out and bought some pretty fabrics....but to tell the truth, I am truly scared to death here. WHAT WAS I THINKING JOINING?????? I am not in the same league as any of you....I will try my best but I just hope no one is disappointed ...I am just a wannabe quilter!! Please be patient...and if someone wants to skip me, I will understand completely.

Margie

shaking in my socks!!

Margie... Try not to worry too much about it. You will do fine. We are all at different skill levels and it isn't a competition. No one is attempting to impress anyone... just having fun doing a project together. Pick blocks that you have made before and are comfortable with, breathe and enjoy being creative.

Blog Entries
    Oh Marge....don't worry so much! These are meant to be fun for everyone and if you'll relax you'll see that you will love it! I'm certainly not the greatest...just started self teaching in 06, so I still consider myself a really newbie. I'm doing the International RR (thats why I just couldn't commit to this one..)

When you get your rows from others..lay it out and keep looking at it for a few days. It will speak to you and tell you what you need to add to it. (And if you need help, just snap a pic..send to me & I'll share my humble opinion-for whats that worth :? = just so you won't feel alone) Also...if you want or need help...heck, anyone in this group will be glad to answer any questions you might have!!.....see....no reason to be nervous!!

You'll feel much better after the 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by gramadona
    I'm so excited for those of you involved in this row robin! I can hardly wait to see the progress of "the rows".
    PLEASE take and post pictures as you go as I'm sure sandpat and sulabug and I aren't the only ones anxious to see the beauties that you are creating.
    Happy New Year to all!
    I'm anxious too. Didn't have the courage to join at the time, since I was soooo swamped under with the Christmas quilt. Also have a wedding cake to do in January and one to do in July. Didn't want to over-book myself.

I know there will be some beauties.

Margie, how can you go wrong with all the support you will be getting from all of us here. I like the advice that someone else gave you. Choose a block that you've already done and have succeeded with. Relax and have fun. After all, it's only a quilt. :lol:

No worrying or stressing allowed! We're all in this just to have fun. Do what you can and I'm sure everything will turn out wonderful. I've got about 1/2 done, but had to stop and put away stuff so I could find what I needed. Things got a little out of hand in December trying to finish my mom and dad's quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriJ
    No worrying or stressing allowed! We're all in this just to have fun. Do what you can and I'm sure everything will turn out wonderful. I've got about 1/2 done, but had to stop and put away stuff so I could find what I needed. Things got a little out of hand in December trying to finish my mom and dad's quilts.
    I know I will have to pick up before I can start on something else. When I go in there to put away Christmas decorations, I will tackle the quilting things and sort and put away. As my mother would say, "You could lose a cow and her calf in there right now." :lol:

Margie, maybe it would help for you to write down the things you can do as a confidence builder. Start with a four patch and then a nine patch and you've already got two. You might be quite surprised at how many things you can do. Basics are the componet for more complicated stuff.

You know it strikes me as funny, Margie you're row might end up being the prettiest row. :) Sometimes it's not how complicated something is, but instead how we put it together that creates beauty. Of course Sandpat is right and you'll feel better after the first or second row.

Congrats on your progress Lori. :)

I want to thank everyone for all the encouragement. I bought some more fabric online last night from E. Burns and today from another quilting site, so even if the workmanship isnt the greatest...the fabrics should be fabulous lol :) I am hoping that when they arrive, I will receive a large dose of DIVINE inspiration and guidance

TY friends Margie :)

Blog Entries
    Just drool over the ones that come to you...close your eyes and whisper...now..."what do you want next, pretty row"....and you just wait..it will come to you!! Its like magic!! :lol: :lol:

Margie - Just have fun and enjoy! Do what you feel comfortable doing. And sometimes simple is better!

Margie I understand I am the same way.
    After readin what others want I am wracking my brain going what was I thinking??????????????
    I cant find any snowmen blocks I cant find any decorations for the tree I have the cats and mine covered LOL
    I have to wait till Monday to go to Dumas to get blue and white snow prints

Our rows will be wonderful even with the small mistakes in them ( I am praying there will be none) cuz we are thinking about them nonstop.

OK deep breath

Quote Originally Posted by MsSage
    Margie I understand I am the same way.
    After readin what others want I am wracking my brain going what was I thinking??????????????
    I cant find any snowmen blocks I cant find any decorations for the tree I have the cats and mine covered LOL
    I have to wait till Monday to go to Dumas to get blue and white snow prints

Our rows will be wonderful even with the small mistakes in them ( I am praying there will be none) cuz we are thinking about them nonstop.

OK deep breath

I find all kinds of things by just asking Google. Just type in like sonwmen, guilt patterns or what ever. You will be surprised at what you come up with, expecially if you add free.

I found some really cute paper pieced snowmen and some redwork and applique ideas that I am going to use in my first row. Can hardly wait to get started but I have to clean my sewing room first to find what I need. LOL.

GailG....
    Will you post photos of your cakes???? Please....
    I finally put some of mine in an album on Facebook. Also an album of some of my quilts.
    Would love to see your cakes!
    Dona

Dear Gramadona, I would love to oblige :oops: , but I still live in the Stone Age. My computer is a dinosaur (We are working on getting a new one, though.) and it is not compatible to my camera. I have a photo album but nothing I could "send" . Not that I am aware of, anyway. If I can figure out a way (if my DD can figure out a way :lol: ) I certainly will put something up.

All that everyone has said about quilt rows that tell you what you need, and google for help is so true. :) Of course there is always a fabric that has the theme printed on it.

I went and dug this out. It's a list of 50 to 100 (I can't remember how many honestly) free Christmas and Holiday patterns. They are all free, and all kinds of different skill levels too. I complied the list a while back when I first started the sign up sheet. http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/13182.page

I finished!!! I've got last week and this week off from work and have been enjoying just sitting in my room sewing. I couldn't get a good pic with all of them so its broken into two pictures. I thought I would be fun to include lots of colors so all of you have your choice in what to add.

I learned several things doing this row....
    1. how to applique (its really fun and easy!!).
    2. why you need to be careful that the sticky stuff from your applique doesn't get on your iron! :cry:
    3. why checking and squaring up your 1/2 square blocks is so important! :oops:
    4. that I can be creative and come up with my own blocks. :wink:

2nd half
    Name:  Attachment-23770.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  62.9 KB

1st half
    Name:  Attachment-23771.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  57.8 KB

we could make a row of 9 patch :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Actually Ruth, that is funny you wrote that because I was thinking that her row is so beautiful and intricate that something plainer for the next row might be what I would add. Is that the idea? In any case, it is already beautiful...love the appliques.

Margie

Beautiful Lori! :)

Blog Entries
    Lori, Lori, Lori....What a wonderful talent you are!!!!! Your row is really something to be proud of..the applique is just delightful...so you came up with those yourself????? Great job!! I'm so glad you had fun!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast