Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009! Groups Assigned see page 8

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    I am the nervous one here...not only am I new to board....I am not a good quilter(in fact not even sure I could be considered a "quilter". I am taking a HUGE step to attempt this...so I am praying that I dont ruin anyone's quilt. I keep thinking maybe I should drop out and "watch" what everyone does this time and join the next one.

Margie
    Margie..don't be sooo nervous! We were all new to the board at one time..so just get over that. Now..You can't ruin anyone's quilt because you will be adding the loving stitches of a new friend to each one!!! Just grab that fabric, thread and pins and have a ball! If you need an opinion, just let me know..I'll help you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    Yippie! We have a quilting Cheerleader! :D Just what I never knew I wanted and always did!

Well then, Merry Christmas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

psssttt margie I am SCARED too. :shock: :-o :shock:
    Listen to the ladies on here they will help you anyway they can.
    ALl you can do is your best and remember we are ALWAYS our worst critic(sp) sorry pain meds kicking in.
    Trust me I will have Elizabeth's phone number on speed dial.
    I do want to add that my grandma who taught me to knit & crochet always said you do your best work for others and when your scared. I keep holding on to that thought. She said the love shines through.

Hey I thought sandpat was HEAD Cheereader????

Blog Entries

Hey I thought sandpat was HEAD Cheereader????[/quote]

Sounded like pretty good advice to me! So...I'll just cheer you on for giving it! :lol:

Hey, I'm VERY nervous too. What if the people down the line don't like what I did??????????????????????????

MmmmmmmmmI have some of that striped row fabric lol :wink:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Hey, I'm VERY nervous too. What if the people down the line don't like what I did??????????????????????????
    Well, thats the chance we all take when we sign up for one of these! Just kidding...all the fun comes from adding up all the talents of each and every person who touches your quilt.

Just think..each person spends the most valuable thing they have on each quilt....their time....so don't worry..everyone will like what you do..no matter what . I promise :D :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Well, thats the chance we all take when we sign up for one of these! Just kidding...all the fun comes from adding up all the talents of each and every person who touches your quilt.

Just think..each person spends the most valuable thing they have on each quilt....their time....so don't worry..everyone will like what you do..no matter what . I promise :D :lol:
    Sandpat, that is so sweet!! Thanks for the encouragement :-)

Just think..each person spends the most valuable thing they have on each quilt....their time....so don't worry..everyone will like what you do..no matter what . I promise

I agree...time is the one thing that is finite and no one ever knows how much they have!!

mAYBE on each quilt I will make a "time" block....."Time is of the essence" "Time waits for no man" "time and time again" "time after time" "No time like the present" "Christmas Time" "Snowtime" "Time to shop" Time to stop it lol

Margie

Blog Entries
    Cool idea Margie!

Okay ladies, I have to admit I'm worried about a sixth group member for our large quilt group. I had sort of planned on picking up the slack and running two quilts for myself if I needed to, but on Tuesday I was diagnosed with stage two osteomyelitis, and I don't know what the doctor will do about it. I went for an MRI last night, and to be honest I could be in the hospital for Christmas. :cry:

In readiness for this I have already completed my row, and have the groups set up. If we don't have a last minute sign up, I'll have to run the large quilt group with only 5, that will make the row sizes a bit odd, instead of nice and neat like we'd planned. Any suggestions or joiners?

Blog Entries
    Come one, come all!! Needed 1 more sewer for one of the groups. If you aren't participating in a round robin of some kind...you need to try it out! Its loads of fun!! Don't be scared, just throw that out the window and join in the fun....you'll be glad you did!!!

Are they going to do Surgical debridement? YES I googled it LOL sounds very painful. I can fully understand painful. :shock: :shock:
    This being my first round robin I wish I could take up the slack but I dont feel I am ready for it.

Come on holder outers jump in, the water is NICE it aint gunna be cold :D

Elizabeth....I am keeping you in my prayers....do NOT worry about a round robin....dont worry about anything...just pray and stay peaceful...try to enjoy Christmas. IF need be we could just send the quilts around one more time and everyone do another row... would that work?

Margie

2 doods has joined the large quilt group! Thank you very much for all of your well wishes and help. Trust me just having that little worry off my plate helps so much.

I have sent everyone a confirmation PM, look it over see if everything sounds okay. Let me know if I have any typos, ect. and if I still need something from you please let me know.

Once your quilt size is settled you can go ahead and start.

Our mailing deadlines are as follows:

First Row Jan. 31, 2009

Second Row Feb. 29, 2009

Third Row March 31, 2009

Fourth Row April 30, 2009

Fifth Row May 31, 2009 Our Minis will be done here!

Sixth Row Jun 30, 2009

If you run into any trouble let me know, I'd like to assign groups Monday night the 22nd so you'll be all squared away no matter what the dr says on the 23rd. If I don't have confirmation or something is in limbo I will somehow convice DH to take care of all of you, so bear with him. ;)

We're praying for you Elizabeth. Take care of yourself.

Blog Entries
    Yea 2Doods!!!! I knew someone would join the fun!!!

Sounds like you have it under control Elizabeth..if you need help sorting stuff, you can let me know. Tell your DH..I'll help him..whatever he needs.

I'm sooo excited for all of you!! I can't wait to see these!

Well I'm in a small group and also in the international round robin. What I like about this is it moves along quicker. Sounds like fun.
    Jan

We're glad to have you Jan. :D The mini quilt groups are up to 5 members each! :)

I'm waiting to hear back from mrsj82 (theme), and babeegirl (exact size?)everyone else is squared away.

"Last call" for new members is right around the corner, and then I'll be sending out the group info.

that is great that there are 5 in each small group will that change the 12" size of my row?

Nope there wont be a change, your quilt will be 48"X60" and that means if you want to make blocks it would be 4 - 12" blocks :), once all 5 members add their row you'll be exactly at 60" :)

Blog Entries
    Prayers and hugs for you Elizabeth.

P S...........STUDLY sends his prayers & hugs too

thanks Elizabeth and I hope all goes well on the 23rd.

Thank you, me too!

I mentioned that I had completed my row, so I'm going to post it here now and will create a photo post for all of our pictures after I assign the groups. Don't feel any pressure! Remember? I don't know what the doctor will be doing with me yet.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_q_ISANhSeT...My+1st+row.jpg[/img]

My theme is Christmas Hope, so I did a little embrodery on it.
    [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q_ISANhSeT...lestarhope.jpg[/img]

what is your theme?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast