Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009! Groups Assigned see page 8

I didn't mention it? Oh there it is between the two photos. Christmas Hope.

sorry, I didn't even see the writting, I was too mezmorized by the photos.

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth, your row is beautuuumous!!!! I like your Christmas theme..could be interpreted in lots of different ways. You are likeing that embroidery part of your machine aren't you...I like mine too.

Best of luck to you on the 23rd...I go get my Christmas "tiara" done tomorrow..I'll have a hard time talking. :roll: so....I'm wishing you the luck now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    Thank you, me too!

I mentioned that I had completed my row, so I'm going to post it here now and will create a photo post for all of our pictures after I assign the groups. Don't feel any pressure! Remember? I don't know what the doctor will be doing with me yet.

My theme is Christmas Hope, so I did a little embrodery on it.
    I loved your "HOPE" block from the beginning. Now I think it's awesome with it set between the other gorgeous blocks. You are so talented.

Take care of yourself. GBY

[quote=sandpat]Elizabeth, your row is beautuuumous!!!! I like your Christmas theme..could be interpreted in lots of different ways. You are likeing that embroidery part of your machine aren't you...I like mine too.
    quote]

Santpat-
    I want to know what fabulous machines that you and Elizabeth have that do embroidery. I want one that will do some fancy stitches and embroidery but don't know what features to look for.

Blog Entries
    Oh 2 Doods, I don't really know what to tell you. It depends on what you like to do. I have a Bernina..and love it although..as I tell my DH..its kinda like a John Deere..they are great machines but you do pay for them and then when you buy the extras..wow..you pay for them again.

Here are my favorite options.....Knee bar to lift the pressure foot, push button start for the embroidery (vs. having to hold down the pedal with your foot), needle down is a MUST, along with being able to move the needle Left/Right, and my most favorite Bernina offering----LOTS OF FEET!

Thanks. I have a second generation machine. It's a Brother 2001 ULT, that was top of the line then. Much much less money now. It is still completely supported by Brother because sewing machine companies consider their high end machines to be a long term investments and are supported for at least 10 years depending on the company.

That being said if it's decorative stitches you want (I love them for quick quilting!) look at the stitches the machine offers, some will just jump out at you. If at all possible try sewing them at the dealer to see how easy/difficult it is to make the stitches look in the picture. I really really wanted hearts and luckily for me this machine does that, as well as the Babylocks and the Pfaffs. My machine does hundreds (or it could be over 1000 - I'd have to check the manual - it shows up like pages and pages) of different stitches, enough to keep me happy. I'd read somewhere when I bought my first little machine "you'll never use all your decorative stitches" well that was wrong. LOL! I'd tried them all and used them regularly.

As for an embroidery machine... I really wanted a touch screen but just asssumed I couldn't afford it - but because mine was second hand suddenly it was something I could have. I'd heard RAVES about the color screen so that had me drooling too. My machine is extremely user friendly (as Marcia and I were talking about the other night - she has a couple of drooler machines :wink: ) I wouldn't hesitate one minute to buy a second hand embroidery machine. Just look up the reviews on it at http://www.patternreview.com so you don't end up with a dud.

Oh Sandpat how funny our different comments are!

I've yet to even try out my knee lift! :oops:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    Oh Sandpat how funny our different comments are!

I've yet to even try out my knee lift! :oops:
    When you try to quilt...try the knee lift...you'll love it!

Yes I know I should, after all it's right there in the box. Heck I didn't even use the needle threader thing for about 2 weeks until DH made me watch him do it. :shock:

You didnt try the needle threader???????????
    OMGAWD that was the first thing I did on my machine ( not as fancy as yours)
    David was laughing at me reading the manual and went over without pluggin it in to try it out :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

;) I'd read that it could cause trouble with the thread and the something... could break it if.... etc so I just let it be. :)

This is it! These are the Groups! :) I'll be sharing addresses as needed after Christmas. For your reference the person under your name is the person you will be mailing to. If you are listed as the last person in your group you will be mailing to the person at the top of the group. :)

To kick things off (and stall fate into keeping me out of the hospital!) I am assigning the groups right now. Feel free to look over the information. The last day to make changes will be Christmas day that way there will be plenty of time to hit the sales if anyone would like to.
    Our groups are:

Our Head Cheerleader: able to make entire quilts out of small bits of fabric Sandpat!

Our large quilt group:

Margie Theme - General Christmas Row Size 72"x12” If creating blocks 5 - 12" blocks

2 doods Theme - Christmas with Santa - Scrapy Christmas fabrics...Reds and white and all Christmas colors as accents. Blues, greens, gold, plaids okay Row Size 72”x12” If creating blocks 6 - 12" blocks

purplemem Theme - Traditional Elegant Christmas Row Size 72”X12” If creating blocks 6 - 12" blocks

Elizabeth A. Theme - Christmas Hope Row Size 72”X12” If creating blocks 6 - 12" blocks

mrsj82 Theme – Winter Quilt - Some Forest Green please 84”X12” If creating blocks 7 - 14" blocks

LoriJ Theme – Winter Wonderland 84”X12” If creating blocks 7 - 14" blocks

The Mini-Minis Quilt Group:

Barbsbus Theme – Snowman whimsy and pretty Row Size 30”Xquilters choice” Make your Row however wide you would like just as long as it is 30” long.

MsSage Theme – Winter Cats and Dogs – please no christmas Row Size 30”Xquilters choice” Make your Row however wide you would like just as long as it is 30” long.

sewjoyce Theme – Christmas Cats Row Size 40”X8” If creating blocks 5 - 8" blocks

scrap_lover09 Theme – Snowflakes and snowmen blue and white Row Size 45”X12”

collettakay Theme – Decorating the Tree Row Size 45”X12”

Last but never Least Our Middle of the Road Minis!

mgrhs Theme – Snowmen Row Size 48”X12” If creating blocks 4 – 12” blocks

janw Theme – Christmas trees, oranments, etc.red, green, yellow, and blue Row Size 48”X12” If creating blocks 4 – 12” blocks

Ruth Camp Theme – Christmas -Each Row a different color prints and solids okay Row Size 48”X12” If creating blocks 4 – 12” blocks

zyxquilts Theme – Christmas Fun (prints) Santas & snowmen & penguins Row Size 54”X45” If creating blocks 6 – 9” blocks

babeegirl Theme – Visions of Sugar Plums Row Size 48"X12" If creating blocks 4 -12" blocks

Blog Entries
    WHooopeeeee! And here we go girls! I'm all ready to see some really cute, some really pretty and some knock your eyeballs out rows coming from these groups! I'm soo excited and Elizabeth got everyone started already by showing her row off. SOooo pretty!

I've updated the to be determined info and will be sending out your mailing info soon. :)

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth, I've been soooo worried...are you at home??? How was the DR. visit??

Oh Sandpat it was terrible nasty! I don't really want to get into all the details, but after I vented to DH about it, he told me he'd seen TOE NAILS spread all over the floor of the exam room!!!!

I'm working on getting all my papers together and will be looking to set up a second opinion. :roll: Can't win for losing.

I'm so excited to get started on this! I cannot believe Christmas is over already...but wheeeee!!!

When do we need to have our rows done and mailed out by? *I can't ever remember!*

Our mailing deadlines are as follows:

First Row Jan. 31, 2009

Second Row Feb. 29, 2009

Third Row March 31, 2009

Fourth Row April 30, 2009

Fifth Row May 31, 2009 Our Minis will be done here!

Sixth Row Jun 30, 2009

The easiest way to remember is that no matter what month the mailing deadline will always be the last day of the month for this Row Robin. :)

I have sent out all the addresses this morning YIPPIE! Look for them in your PM Boxes.

If I messed up or my mind wandered and something isn't right, let me know. If you missplace your information, I have it at my fingertips, so don't hesitate to pop me a PM.

OK Elizabeth, just a couple of questions:

1. Do we need to pre-wash our fabric?

2. Can we send them out when we're done, or should we wait until the end of the month so as not to put too much pressure on anyone???

Thanks!

Great questions.

1.) Yes please prewash, certainly at the least anything that might run.

2.) Sending ahead is fine, you send to scrap_lover09, so if you finish quite early just drop her a PM and ask if she minds if you send it right away. I'd say anytime after the 15th of Jan. is good though.

The unasked questions: :lol:

~Don't write anything on the outside of your envelopes what is inside. As some of us already might be aware, crooks know the value of a quilt. If you can afford to swing it, get a tracking number. We don't want any tops lost.

~Don't forget to include your quilt label for each person in your group to sign as we pass your row around. As simple or as fancy as you'd like. A fabric that matches your row with a Sharpe will do in a pinch. ;)

At least one of the PM's I sent I said "your block" is due out by the end of the month. That's my bad, It should have said "row"

Blog Entries
    I am so excited for everyone that is participating in this project. Keep posting to let those of us that aren't participating see how it works. Maybe next year for me!! :D

Happy New Year,
    Cheryl

There have been some concerns about fabric, now I didn't set any limits here mostly because we all know what we like and the quilts are going to be beautiful because of that.

My only line in the sand is no homespuns, sorry I'm a fool who doesn't know how to keep them from falling apart. Use what you'd want to recieve and we'll all be happy. :wink:

Now how about putting those worries into concept ideas for your first row? Has anyone started shopping and or brainstorming? I wanta gab! :)

Yeap Since one in my group wants cats I have a great idea LOL and the fabric already. Another wants christamas cats and again another idea even the fabric. the only one that is giving me fits is the snowman in blue and white. I thought I had a pattern for the trim the tree but I lost the link oh well back to searching.
    Whats really nice is I got a pattern book for my row wwhooo 1/2 price and atleast 2 or 3 fit right into the patterns.

The only homespun I am using is on Davids quilt uugggg I didnt know about the issue with it till after BUT since its a rag quilt it works LOL Nope will NOT use that again.
    For my row I just need to sit down and start cutting and sewing. David is suppose to come in tonight and leave tomorrow morning but that wont take much of my cutting time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast