Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009! Groups Assigned see page 8

:D Glad to have you. Yes you decide what size you'd like before anyone starts work. That will give us some idea when we're shopping how much fabric we might need, want.... DESIRE. :lol:

The size you pick isn't the size the quilt has to be forever though. You can always add borders around it once it gets home.

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth, I'm still thinking :oops: I have a couple of things I'd love to get off my plate before I commit to join...if I have time. I have several more gifts to do before I can start on those couple of things...darn it!

Isn't it crazy? The first half drags on and now the counter seems to be pestering me.

We currently have 4 people in each group. And three undeclared. I think that's just great.

15 more days left to sign up.

Only 13 more days!

I am only one person shy of having two full groups!

At this time the small group is full, but I'm leaving sign up open right up until the 24th just like I said, that way if more want to join you can and I'll just mix up the groups as needed. :)

If I wanted to start mine now what is the measurement to work on :D

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Sign me up please. I'll take the plunge.

Banned
    If I can choose a theme, I'd like to pick "Visions of sugarplums...."

OK, I've read all the above posts and I'm confused (which is done easily by the way).

I would like to do a small quilt. What size should it be? I have to decide on a theme -- help! Do we get all the themes of everyone's quilt later this month? :oops: :oops:

Blog Entries
    Elizabeth, I want to do this one soooo bad, but I am going to behave myself and admit that I just can't do this one. I just am not gonna have the time in the early part of the year. I definetly want to do a row robin though, it sounds like sooo much fun! I can't wait to see the pics of what you guys come up with.

sewjoyce~ You can pick your quilt size to be any size you'd like. You can think about where you might like the quilt to be once it's completed, a spot on the wall perhaps and select your size from that.

On the 26th I'll be sending out all the information to each member the size row needed for each quilt and the theme too. Each top will travel around to the other members of the group, with a different one going to you each month.

OK, so I make the first row and be ready to send it out in January??

That's exactly right. Sewjoyce. Look for a PM from me.

Okay ladies I think I'm going to end up splitting the small quilt group into two groups. I'm thinking there will be 4 people in each of the small quilt groups (which could grow up to 5 or 6 people between now and Christmas). That will help some of you who are trying to stay away from having to make smaller blocks. Does anyone in the small group object? If so PM me.

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Can I be in the small group?

Sure just send me the information for the size you'd like and I'll switch you.

This is awesome. I'll have to think about what kind of theme I want...Is it all right if it's just like a solid color or something like that? I'm really simple

You might need to channel us in a bit more. Like Winter Blue, which would be snowflakes and pinecones etc. with a blue theme would be okay. Or Christmas Red could be red oranments, red stockings, ribbons... Just keep in mind that you'll be setting the tone when you create your first row and a batik red might be easier to match than a solid red.

The small groups are wide open to join. The Large Quilt Group needs one more. :) Sandpat you're signed up to WATCH. :D

Blog Entries
    :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink: I'm sure glad you are responsibly taking care of me Elizabeth...I need for someone to do that. It seems that all I can do is overload myself :lol: I have soo much fun until I get way too much then stress over it all and it takes the fun out of it. I will definetly be WATCHING this one!

I was thinking about it, and we'll see how it goes, maybe we'll do a Spring Row Robin in the future sometime. :) This will be the best way for you Sandpat, you can sit back and watch the beauties grow! No stress just pretty pictures.

There are just 8 more days to Sign up for this Row Robin.

Blog Entries
    Yup...for this one...I'll have to sit out..darn it! I can't wait to see what ya'll put together for this!

I have a fairly good amount of xmas fabric. If someone picks something i don't have it may be hard to find. To exact may be hard to meet their expectations...a couple choices....getting nervous :wink: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Ruth, I am taking on the task/responsibility of being the "official" cheer leader for your group....I know everyone else will be :mrgreen: (Sorry I didn't ask your permission Elizabeth :wink: its ok isn't it?)

Anywho......Don't worry about that! You will magically have something in your stash that will look absolutely perfect with each one. I don't think that all the fabrics have to be Christmas fabrics...it might be a tiny print in the right color..or something else! I've seen the stuff that you can do and you will be adding a special treat to each quilt just by working on it!! :lol:

Ruth dont worry it will be special "Just because you made it"
    I know I dont mind non Christmas or even snow print.LOL to think of it I dont have any snow prints in mine hahahah thats too funny I just thought of that. So its the colors and the LOVE and the sharing with each other.

Sandpat you go :!: :!: :!:
    I am sure we will need a cheerleader and I am all for you being Head cheerleader.

I am the nervous one here...not only am I new to board....I am not a good quilter(in fact not even sure I could be considered a "quilter". I am taking a HUGE step to attempt this...so I am praying that I dont ruin anyone's quilt. I keep thinking maybe I should drop out and "watch" what everyone does this time and join the next one.

Margie

Yippie! We have a quilting Cheerleader! :D Just what I never knew I wanted and always did!

Margie it will be fine, I promise you have me and you have Sandpat too! Not to mention everyone else to get ideas from and share with. Sew the best you can and it will be wonderful.

Any fabrics are fine as long as they stick to the theme of your group member. Prints, solids, plaids, batiks, wows it's all fine. The one thing I'm going to draw the line at is no handwovens, I don't know what I do but if I look at one it falls apart and that would be tragic to have happen. Think of the Christmas fabric as your "helper" that will help you out if you're not certain what the next row should be, instead of an "oh I HAVE TO use that". We don't have any have tos here. :)

Now I would really love another member for the large group - just one more. Is there someone out there hanging on the line but not sure?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast