Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Row by Row Experience >

Row by Row Experience

Row by Row Experience

Old 08-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

That's wonderful, Homemother! Thanks for posting your photo.

Hope we see some more!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:57 AM

You have made a great RXR and made it specially your own by your side borders.
I am so excited to have looked at MI's FB page and spotted a row that has a snowman holding my beloved UP. Got the shop name and # and it is the town where we lived when I was very small, so put my name in for the kit which they will be able to sell after Sept. 2. WV didn't have any participating shops or rows, but being able to get the UP one makes me so happy.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:51 AM

I'm in the UP, too. I think the shop you're talking about is in Houghton. I'm going up there on Tuesday to get the block. I know, I procrastinated way too long. I did get the bridge RxR and the one with the leaves. The shops are so far apart up here. My SIL wanted one of the blocks up here in the UP but I told her that I'd have to drive 3 hours each way and that's just too much for 1 block. I am having fun with this though. One of the shops I stopped at told me they've sold over 800 of their kits..... that's awesome. She said she thinks a lot more shops will be doing the RxR next year. It's been a big success for many.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:51 AM

love the butterfly one -- what store? Perhaps they will sell the pattern after the 1st
Old 08-31-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
love the butterfly one -- what store? Perhaps they will sell the pattern after the 1st
That's a lovely little store near Blairsville, PA called Peace by Piece. It was our second stop on the Row by Row Experience. I picked up the pattern and some fabric. Their fabric is a little more unique and I wish I purchased more of a few! When we go back that way, I will definitely stop by again. Here is their info:
433 Old Indiana Rd, Blairsville, PA 15717
[TABLE="class: ts intrlu, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]<nobr>(724) 248-9777</nobr>[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
http://www.peacebypiecequilts.com/welcome.aspx
Old 08-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Homemother View Post
Hi! Thanks for starting this thread. I did my Row by Row in the month of July. Fortunately, we traveled early in July and I collected on the way. Unfortunately, the quilt shop where I won my prize has not posted a picture of my quilt. I would like to see pictures of other board members, too!!! You can go on facebook and type in, for example, Pennsylvania Row by Row, and their site will be the top choice. They have pictures of winners for their state and other cool pictures.
I love your row by row
Old 09-01-2014, 05:06 AM

You did such a good job!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Homemother your quilt is gorgeous. Unfortunately the shops around me didn't really have rows that would work well together.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:39 AM

Row by Row is new to me. Is this a quilt all made by yourself and all your own fabrics? Or is there a trade with other people involved?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:21 AM

I have been row by row hopping the last couple of months and have some from 3 states. I did some with a friend who is new to quilting and we had such fun. Every shop I went into had been overwhelmed by the number of patterns they had given out and kits sold. The small shops especially had a hard time keeping ahead of putting together the kits. License plates too were sold out in a flash. This was the first year for many states to participate and so next year if there is one I think they will be better prepared for the onslaught. I haven't begun to put things together yet. I have 21 rows so have to decide how I'm going to combine them and in what. A few I bought the kits for but wanted some continuity of colors in the finished quilt so didn't buy kits everywhere. I did try to buy something from each shop however. So many different personalities in the shops. One was modern fabric, the next reproduction etc.

As I understand it the kits and patterns will be available for sale after Oct. I have a couple in my sights that I would like but were too far away for me to go to the shop.

If you want to see lots of row by row quilts just google row by row and that will take you to sites where there are pictures and more about the program.