Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rowenta on fire >

Rowenta on fire

Rowenta on fire

Old 10-28-2011, 03:45 AM

I have had 3 Rowentas and threw them all in the garbage as they all had leak problems now I only use a T-Fal more steam than the Rowenta and they last a very long time with daily use I was told by someone that Rowentas were not meant for daily use but not sure on that
Old 10-28-2011, 03:48 AM

I walked into my sewing room and could see the little light on my iron flashing. I had left it plugged in . . .dangit! Anything plugged in can start a fire, even the coffeemaker. That is so scary as I unplug most but sure dont unplug everything.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 AM

WOW glad your okay! Both my friend and I have had our Rowentas catch fire. Mine just sparked and smoked then poof never worked again. Hers actually had full blown flames! Very scary! Until that happened I was very very please with the thing! :thumbup:
Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 AM

oh my goodness!!! So glad it didn't spread!!! You got very lucky, I agree with what auntpiggylpn said, contact Rowenta!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:55 AM

Mine overheated and I could hardly touch it. Luckly it didn't start on fire because i was not in the room when it happened. I followed the hot smell after being in the yard. Mine was turned off at the time.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:04 AM

My Rowenta is my 2nd one and it is sputtering already. I am going to get rid of it and buy a different brand. Anyone have any problems with the Oliso leaking?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 AM

[quote=quiltgran2]I was using my Rowenta yesterday when I suddenly heard a "phiss, phiss" noise. I turned around to see where the sound was coming from and lol and behold my iron was on fire. There was a flame approximately three inches high shooting out from the area where the cord meets the plug. What a shock. I did have the presence of mind to stamp on it and was able to put it out. Previously I've read on this board that another member had a similar problem with here Rowenta. So BEWARE.

Good morning to all.
I figured I would post this recall link, that I check it often http://recalls.gov/cpsc.html
Hope it helps some.
Dawn NY
Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 AM

I have everything in my sewing room plugged into power strips. Then when I'm done for the day I turn off the power strip which turns off everything that is plugged into it.

My dad does the same thing with his computer. Wouldn't work for me cause mine is almost always on! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 AM

had a139.99 rowenta iron start smoking and unpluged it and gave it to a guy that worked on irons and he said it could not be fixed there use to be a store that you could send the iron but they went out of business
will not buy a rowenta again
also they do leak
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 AM

I'm on my second Rowenta. Never had a problem. Used them probably 20 yrs. I like that is doesn't turn off automatically and irons so smoothly, but I never leave it plugged in (or my sewing machine)when I'm not sewing. If it started at the plug I don't think it was a Rowenta problem. Probably a short at the plug. glad you were there when it happened and didn't panic!