Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rowenta or......??? >

Rowenta or......???

Rowenta or......???

Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 PM

I was given a Rowenta many years ago as a gift...before sewing...I loved it...
It is the only iron I will buy. Yes, I tried other brands...
Only Rowenta for me. It doesn't have to be the most expensive one either...
Kirsten
Old 12-20-2010, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I love my Rowenta, and I have never had any problem with it leaking. My Mom had one and also loved it and didn't have any problems with it. I had one of the cheap ones from Wal-Mart and for me it was a piece of junk.
Everyone has their own experiences and it is just something you have to decide for yourself.
I love love love my Rowenta and would never use another brand, but you do have to be careful with the type of soleplate you buy. I just bought one for $20.00 at Big Lots friday. Try there
Old 12-20-2010, 02:45 AM

I bought my Precission Rowenta at Belk, 8 yrs. ago, and it has been very good to me. It is heavy enough to press with, and it has a gracious amount of steam. I love it! You girls that don't like their Rowentas' should get rid of them. We that love them will be happy to buy them at cheap prices at yard sales or where ever we find the ones you girls got rid of yours at. Thanks for your irons.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 AM

Well I'm guessing there are lemons occasionally and no one wants an iron that won't take the wrinkles out of a blouse! The new Rowenta I bought day after Thanksgiving was a lemon.

I replaced it with a different Rowenta model cuz it was 50% off plus Joanns additional 20% off last week and it does get hot enough to iron out the wrinkles in the same blouse that the other iron wouldn't. so far so good so happy

$20 for a Rowenta at Big Lots sounds like a great deal!

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-30-2010, 10:23 AM

Want to hear an old lady spout off about the "good old days"? I'm 82 years old, and until a year ago had used only 2 irons in my whole married life. The first was a Betty Crocker (now unavailable) which lasted me about 45-50 years; the second was an old GE I inherited from my mother-in-law. It probably was as old as the Betty Crocker, but was the most convenient steam iron I'd ever owned. I could push the control with my thumb while ironing. Unfortunately the dear old thing died, and I began using the Rowenta I bought after the BCrocker died; wasn't impressed. The automatic shutoff didn't completely shut off; iron was always slightly warm, which worried me. Now using a Proctor-Silex I inherited when my mother died. Works well but very inconvenient to turn the heat dial; takes two hands .... one to hold the iron still, one to turn the dial. How I wish I had my old Betty Crocker or GE iron!

There, that didn't solve your problem or make you feel a bit better, did it?