Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rowenta Travel Iron >

Rowenta Travel Iron

Rowenta Travel Iron

Old 06-10-2011, 10:15 PM

I've been using this little iron for a couple of years and absolutely love it. But the mechanism that allows the handle to lock in the 'up' position has broken and I haven't been able to 'jerry-rig' it to stay up for use. So, I'm getting ready to shop for another one. My internet search has not revealed another iron like this that might be any better, but thought I'd check you all of you to see if I'm missing something. I really don't mind spending a little more for a really good iron but would like to stay with this small, light weight size. Opinions PLEASE.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20 PM

I'd contact Rowenta - tell them how much you have LOVED your iron for 2 years.. explain your problem.

They may have a fix...
or even send you a replacement. :)
Old 06-11-2011, 02:59 AM

I just bought mine at JoAnne Fabrics.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 AM

That's exactly what happened to mine, too. It was my seond Rowenta iron to go bad in less than 18 mos. after purchase; I won't be buying another.

My replacement is a bit bigger, but not as large as many of the irons on the market and cost less than $10 at WalMart. Gets hot, stays hot, no auto off - love it. It's a Proctor Silex Traditions.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Banned

Contact Rowenta. I have knowledge they don't think there is a problem with their irons. Let them know there is.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:06 PM

They sure get alot of Rowenta irons at Savers.
Must have problems with them.
Mine cost $5.50 but cannot use the steam it sputters and pops, dry it works fine. Nice iron for a cheap price.
I also bought the Rowenta travel iron at Joanns and love it.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 PM

I looked at the Rowenta travel iron when my small craft iron died. Since Joanns won't let you use a coupon on irons, and $50.00 is more than I could justify, I started looking elsewhere. I ended up buying an old (1950 or 60) travel iron on ebay for $5.00 and I love it. There were tons of them when I bought mine.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Well, I couldn't find a small iron that looked any better, so I stayed with the Rowenta travel iron. Got a new one at JoAnn's for $39.99. I think I paid more than $50 the first time around. I was disappointed that I could not use a coupon! Thanks for all the advice. I may see if I can send the old one somewhere to be fixed to have as a backup.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 PM

I had a Rowenta for quite a few years and because everyone kept knocking it off the ironing board I needed to replace it. I bought one at JoAnns the first of January a couple of years ago. I used it for about 3 weeks and it started leaking terrible. I took it back and after much argueing because I didn't have the receipt, they finally gave me a new one, but still didn't get a receipt. About 2 weeks later the iron wouldn't heat unless you held the cord a certain way. I took it back and because I didn't have a receipt they wouldn't replace it. My husband went on the internet and found insides for the iron and sent for them. Cost about $25. He replaced the insides and for a few days the iron worked perfect. Then guess what, it started to leak. The iron works great dry but I can't use steam. I will never buy another Rowen and if I did it wouldn't be from JoAnns. If you want to hear bad reviews go on QVC and check out Rowentas there. In my opinion they are not worth the high dollars you pay for them.